Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scientific evidence for God?

Options
  • 22-02-2010 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Has anyone heard anything about this. A friend of mine told me that there is now scientific evidence for the exsistance of God? Don't know how but she seemed sure that she had heard it from a credible source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,278 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Has anyone heard anything about this. A friend of mine told me that there is now scientific evidence for the exsistance of God? Don't know how but she seemed sure that she had heard it from a credible source

:confused: This should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

It is more a matter of interpretation. An obvious example would be an alternative to the multiverse hypothesis, and a solution to fine tuning of physical constants, and what have you.

Really it's just a matter of interpretation though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Quantum John

I think this is good

Maybe if we think about God as something other than a being like ourselves it would be helpful to get our head around science being able to prove it.

Does anyone know anything that I could read about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DeBunny

This what you're looking for? I think the ''scientific evidence for God'' thing is a bit of a publicity stunt but he has some good stuff to say. He's ''playing'' in the red cow in about a week. tickets are about €30 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Which God, I'm sure it'll be the god that the person believes in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Kenny DNK

theres only one true god, and you dont need scientific evidence to see the proof.

What was the first thing that ever existed in the universe? At the beginning of time? From which all came? Maybe it was a little dot the size of 1 millionth of an atom. Thats God. The original source of all that is.

Im not religious by the way, just being logical.

Kenny DNK wrote: »
    theres only one true god, and you dont need scientific evidence to see the proof.

What was the first thing that ever existed in the universe? At the beginning of time? From which all came? Maybe it was a little dot the size of 1 millionth of an atom. Thats God. The original source of all that is.

Did that dot send his son/himslef to be crucified to some desert region?

DeBunny wrote: »
    This what you're looking for? I think the ''scientific evidence for God'' thing is a bit of a publicity stunt but he has some good stuff to say. He's ''playing'' in the red cow in about a week. tickets are about €30 quid.

Anyone want tinfoil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

fontanalis wrote: »
    Did that dot send his son/himslef to be crucified to some desert region?

Aren't we all the son's of that dot ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Kenny DNK wrote: »

That's not logic, it's wishful thinking. There's no evidence that a dot or source is a god. Sounds religious to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement