Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LDT Released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Clawfeld

Sad day for the chargers but not a big surprise...

Was a great player but not the same player over the past couple of years with the injuries.

21 will be missed....

JJ wrote: »
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4936783&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

I guess this wasn't too unexpected. 9 years is a good run for an RB though I'm sure he can find work with another team for a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Who are the favourites to pick him up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not a big surprise to anyone even LT im sure

he had a great run though and im sure he will get another contract elsewhere

can think of a couple of teams who wouldnt mind having him on the roster provided the money was right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Wonder would the Packers pick him up? Grant hasn't exactly set the world on fire to date and there not exactly plush with talent at RB. Maybe not a good fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

I for one am glad to see him leaving the AFC West!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

teams that would be a good fit for LT (LDT?????), and teams he should join

1 - Pats
    2 - Colt
    3 - Dolphins
    4 - Texans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

evil_seed wrote: »

1 - Pats
    2 - Colt
    3 - Dolphins
    4 - Texans

As much as I like LT if I was one of those teams I wouldn't be interested in bringing him in. The Pats and Colts need a running back but you can get one in the draft or free agent rookie pool that will be as productive as LT. He is a diminished runner and these teams don't tend to make mistakes in the front office that will cost money. LT will still look to be paid pretty well even though he knows that his best is now firmly behind him. The Dolphins don't need him with Williams and a fit again Ronnie Brown in the backfield. They will draft a running back to cover for any further injuries to Brown but they have no need to take LT in as well.
    The Texans obviously need a secure ball carrier but I don't think they'll look to go down the route of a falling veteran after their experience with Ahmen Green. Its tough to know who exactly will bite on LT-someone obviously will as he still has some skills especially if the team can utilise his pass catching ability but he will need to accept a vastly reduced wage and, more importantly accept that he is no longer a feature back for just about any team in the league now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

I'd guess the Eagles or possibly the Texans might go for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

evil_seed wrote: »

1 - Pats
    2 - Colt
    3 - Dolphins
    4 - Texans

Id seriously doubt that the Patriots are a likely destination, he doesn't like the Patriots and i dont think the Patriots and Bill are too keen on him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Hazys wrote: »
    Id seriously doubt that the Patriots are a likely destination, he doesn't like the Patriots and i dont think the Patriots and Bill are too keen on him either.

He'll like them if they offer the right $. Allied to that, if he goes there he is on a championship contender, there is no doubt in my mind that he would go there if the conditions are right.

The factors are;
    1) Do the Pats still want Fred Taylor, can he deliver the yards they need? They will need more R yards IMO as their wide receiving corp is ageing/injured with a lot of money tied down there.
    2) If Taylor is released do they;
    a)want to spend their high draft choices on a running back to go with Moroney (or do they still want Moroney?). Their defence needs work, although I think a lot of their problems this year was down to young players who should mature for this year. They could do with help with reciver too although as I said a lot of money is invested there so a 3rd round pick would be more likely in my opinion.
    b)Does BB think he fits the system and he can manufactor yards. He has had a decline but can he get his YPC even up a couple of notches. The Moss factor should still stretch Ds, as opposed to San Diego where the receivers were more 'physical'.

I think its a possibilty. How long does Faulk last? Ditto Taylor and do they still believe in Moroney?

Although taking a look at Westbrook could be a better option considering his Faulk like versatilty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

as Mike Wilbon would say.... Its Done... Its Over!!!!

Advertisement