Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP: Blank screen trying to do fresh install

Options
  • 22-02-2010 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to do a fresh XP install. Booted from CD. Deleted the parition. Created a new partition. Create a NTFS volume. Opted to install Windows. It did some stuff as it does and then rebooted. It then gives me a blank screen after reboot when it should be loading the rest of the Windows setup.

Any suggestions on what I should try? So far I've rebooted a couple of times and tried removing and deleting the partition a couple of times.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

While typing that original post and generally whinging about my own misfortune with computers it sprung to life. It went through a little more of the XP install progress after about ten minutes of the blank screen.

Now it's finished that parted and rebooted again as planned ... but more delays on blank screens.

Advertisement