Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeymoon destinations

Options
  • 22-02-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi,
    Basically need to have a honeymoon picked soon. Time would be mid august this year. 10/14 days dutation. Either relaxing by a pool, or alternatively maybe 3 days new york kand then the balance of the time to chill. Would like to have no worries about the weather and am aware some areas have seasonal risks at this time. Also would like to have a decent travel agent recommended, have had some crazy quotes so far. If going the likes of super expensive, maldives/mauritius/domi rep, would prefer the all inclusive options?Would ideally like to keep budget uner 4k for 2 of us

Thanks,
    Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭TravelJunkie

There are some gorgeous hotels in Cyprus - utter luxury. Anassa in the Akamas Peninsula is special. Grecian Park Hotel in Cape Greko also.
    some other Greek islands could be options too.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭aldeniro

Hiya,
    Thanks for the reply. One of lads in work suggested cyprus. Dont know much about it. Is it type of place where you would not need to go all inclusive(i.e like mauritius where everything is v exp)?, Is it expensive to go out and about there, i.e if not going all inclusive, is it comparable say to canaries, spain for tourist prices or more exp?
    Does 4/5 star mean it similar to irish star ratings ect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

We're going to Dreams in Dominican Rep for under 3k in total for 14 nights with flights from Dublin in September. There are other hotels that are a little more expensive too if you wanna upgrade. We booked with Twohigs. It looks so pretty and great value.

I was in Cyprus last year and wouldn't recommend it for a honeymoon, it's a very expensive country for one thing. I would go for something non-European.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

We went to Bali, would go again in the morning. Area around Kuta tacky, but Sanur etc great.

Pythia wrote: »
    We're going to Dreams in Dominican Rep for under 3k in total for 14 nights with flights from Dublin in September. There are other hotels that are a little more expensive too if you wanna upgrade. We booked with Twohigs. It looks so pretty and great value.

I was in Cyprus last year and wouldn't recommend it for a honeymoon, it's a very expensive country for one thing. I would go for something non-European.
    Hi,
    That seems really excellent value, under 3k for 14 nts. Is it all inclusive.?/ Yeah i know twohigs, they just semt me out a brochure, excellent looking destinations. Seasonally ye're heading in sept, is there any risk weatherwise mid aug?

• Advertisement

We went to Bali, would go again in the morning. Area around Kuta tacky, but Sanur etc great.

Hi,
    Thanks for reply. Who did ye go with to get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

aldeniro wrote: »
    Hi,
    That seems really excellent value, under 3k for 14 nts. Is it all inclusive.?/ Yeah i know twohigs, they just semt me out a brochure, excellent looking destinations. Seasonally ye're heading in sept, is there any risk weatherwise mid aug?

Yep, all inclusive. Yes, i think Aug, Sept and perhaps Oct aren't the best months but it's a chance we're willing to take after researching it. We're hoping we can't be unlucky for 14 whole days! :)

Just looked in a brochure re cyprus.Brochure price for Grecian Park would be 2,800 for 14nights for 2 people. or 1940 for 7 nights.
    You can go half board for extra 160 pp.
    Cyprus can work out expensive if you eat/drink only at the hotel (without going all inclusive), but it is a nice place to explore authentic cuisine and visit tavernas which would be say, 50 euros for 2 people including wine and water (between 20 - 30 small dishes of food) its great, and more than you can finish!

Coffee tends to be expensive, rather buy a beer. Coffee is pricey cause the locals buy one and sit at a table for four hours. Which is something nice about Cyprus actually - they don't rush you out of the restaurant!

Thoroughly enjoyed it. In August is peak family hols season, but if you choose the hotel correctly and avoid hotels with kids clubs, or go adults only hotel, it's great for honeymoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Gallagher5

Look into Mexico with a few days in NYC en route. Great place and has all you are looking for.

If I was going to Mexico I'd go by cruise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

check out BA holidays or Virgin Holidays. the Caribbean is where I would head to.

you can get 14 nights all inclusive in the Rex St Lucian for £3360 for two people with BA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jacoboliva

Hi,
    Greece holidays can offer beach breaks on the islands of Kefalonia, Skiathos, Halkidiki and Zante all of which boast beautiful coves and villages with picturesque tavernas, but also have easy access to the Greek mainland, with its temples and monuments.So for honeymoon you can prefer Greece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Skiathos and its neighboring island Skopolos are lovely. I stayed in a lovely hotel in Skopolos town, overlooking the harbour. I spent hours on the balcony reading, it was such a relaxing place.

Advertisement