Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Job in Cork City

Options
  • 22-02-2010 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am currently completing an honours bachelor degree in business studies and hoping to move to cork city once i finish. I would be able to start work after the first week of may. Any advice or tips in finding jobs down there?

Comments

Do you want a job suitable to your qualification or any old job ? Best of luck with the former, plenty of experienced, qualified heads out of work and CIT & UCC will churn out another few hundred like yourself in a few months.

Still, you only need one job :) Good CV and get it out there, follow up with a call. Accept any role in a company to get the foot in the door so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 graduate10

Ya i understand what you mean, im not that fussy at all to be honest but something even remotely linked to my qualification would be a bonus! Thanks for good wishes!

I know of some accountants that were recently made redundant / let go whatever, they are working in call centres. As you can imagine the financial services sector is not awash with oppurtunities. (much like most sectors unfortunately).

Are you from Cork or do you want to pick up our accent ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 graduate10

ya i really wont be fussy at all, im from ennis, few of the lads headin down there for the summer to work so want to join them!

Advertisement