Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know legals?....what is proof of residence

Options
  • 22-02-2010 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

VEC have refused my mature student maintainance grant...even though i have a letter from the dole confirming residence after an inspector called out.

as i am temporarily living with my sister....the lease is not in my name and bills are'nt in my name.

can anyone tell me what is the legal meaning of proof of residence? and if the social welfare say in writing that i reside somewhere that legally it does'nt mean a thing?...

Any advice appreciated...

Comments

Not qualified to speak legally (nor is legal advice allowed here!) but if you have another department who can verify your residence I would suggest getting onto your local TD/Councillor to argue the case for you. Seems ridiculous that one side of the civil service can't help another side out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 freddie777

Just wondering if you made any progress with proof of address for the VEC?? I'm in the same situation, mature student, landlord pays utilities, provided social welfare docs with my address and a whole load of other stuff but still no joy. I contacted local politician but it all seems no use. Apparently the VEC will only accept the documents they specify, and the docs must be dated 1st Oct 2008 to qualify now. If ur successful with any other type of doc than they specify will u post it pleas - I'll try it too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

I did contact my local td...she was making head way....but i was refused as i am studying part time....and there is is no assistance anymore for any part time students (funny as i picked part time course(paid e2500 for it)as i wanted to be free if a job came up :rolleyes:)

id say i would have gotten it (with dole letter & with a letter from the leaseholder i live with as proof) if i was doing a full time course....the labour td i spoke to said it was rediculous and is a common request for her to deal with.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dee_f

when I applied for my grant - as a independent mature student I used
    car insurance
    health insurance
    littlewoods invoice
    a sworn affidavit
    and a letter from my landlord

that worked for me as proof of residence

Advertisement