Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine Warning Light??

Options
  • 22-02-2010 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Maybe you could help, have 05 Saab 93, Diesel 1.9TiD. GF got it filled in statoil around the cornor which I know is sh*t diesel, anyway after the fill it was losing power all the time and cutting out when you tried to take off, this happened a few times but then would work ok, I thought it was just dirty crap diesel so was going to use it up so far and then fill up from proper garage. Anyway hopped into car there and it seems to be driving ok but engine warning light is on. Car has 99,870 miles on it, does anyone think it could be the timing belt? when is timing belt changed on a Saab? what else could it be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Could be anything really. Sounds like it could be an o2/lamda sensor forcing the car into limp mode and it cleared itself. You will need to bring it to a Mechanic to get the fault cleared. Better to get it checked, than to leave it idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Did she top it up with petrol maybe? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

enda1 wrote: »
    Did she top it up with petrol maybe? :P

First thing I asked, it was diesel alright, Statoil is sh*t and worse diesel I have seen in ireland in garage around cornor from here. Also I serviced car about 8k miles ago, due one at 104k. Full service at last service so not that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

belt due at 90k shouid be serviced every 30,000 km and fuel filter changed every service.. you need to get a saab dealer to plug it in the diagnostics really, its usually around 50 qiud, Im a saab technician by the way..

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    belt due at 90k shouid be serviced every 30,000 km and fuel filter changed every service.. you need to get a saab dealer to plug it in the diagnostics really, its usually around 50 qiud, Im a saab technician by the way..

Im at 100k, purhased it at around 85k, got it fully serviced with fuel filter etc at 95k. It was fully serviced when I bought it, could the timing belt be going? would the computer say?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

antodeco wrote: »
    Could be anything really. Sounds like it could be an o2/lamda sensor forcing the car into limp mode and it cleared itself. You will need to bring it to a Mechanic to get the fault cleared. Better to get it checked, than to leave it idle.

It wont have a lambda sensor as its a diesel.
    Could be poor running related to the air mass meter, but as mentioned above, it would be best to get ity plugged in and diagnosed. I have diagnostic computer to plug into Saab. PM me if interested.

How much is average cost for hooking up to computer?>????

Hey, just checked the service history, there is entry at 72k miles for belts and front pads, I would guess this is timing belt? would this seem correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Big Nelly wrote: »
    How much is average cost for hooking up to computer?>????
    ...it's usually around 50 quid, I'm a Saab technician by the way..
    I'm guessing about €50. ;)

Not your ornery onager

Got it put on computer today, read fuel meter value and egr value error. Reset as it could have been a block. Drove for about 20 miles and light back on again, will check again with mechanic but does anyone know if serious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Sometimes its just a matter of giving the EGR valve a good clean
    or else it might be a new one thats needed. Hope its the first option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Maybe you could help, have 05 Saab 93, Diesel 1.9TiD. GF got it filled in statoil around the cornor which I know is sh*t diesel, anyway after the fill it was losing power all the time and cutting out when you tried to take off, this happened a few times but then would work ok, I thought it was just dirty crap diesel so was going to use it up so far and then fill up from proper garage. Anyway hopped into car there and it seems to be driving ok but engine warning light is on. Car has 99,870 miles on it, does anyone think it could be the timing belt? when is timing belt changed on a Saab? what else could it be?

Bring your car back to your mechanic and get it run on the diagnostic again.

Engine warning light has thousands of code errors.

Could be anything really

Advertisement