Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Configuration Key for Microsoft Word / Office??

Options
  • 22-02-2010 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a trail version of Microsoft word and it has expired. I know that when you buy a new Microsoft Office package, that it can be used on 3 different computers. Would anyone have a spare copy of this please? I presume I only need the code is that right?

Thanks for your help,

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lol, good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭mute101

why do you say it like that? Is this not possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

mute101 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a trail version of Microsoft word and it has expired. I know that when you buy a new Microsoft Office package, that it can be used on 3 different computers. Would anyone have a spare copy of this please? I presume I only need the code is that right?

Thanks for your help,

Steve

This applies only to the home and student edition. If your intended use is for home then you can get this for £60 stg from amazon.co.uk.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Office-2007-Student-Licence/dp/B000HCZ8EO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1266854133&sr=8-1

Asking someone else to break their software license, possibly invalidating it in the future, just to save you that amount of money is asking a bit much.

I dont understand. Why then have people offered to give it to me for free in the past? (Without me asking for it?)

Oh, and Cuddlesworth,

Thanks so much for your valuable contribution to my post. You seem to be a wealth of information. It's not at all hard to see how you have SO many posts to your name, all of which i assume are of a similar high standard.
    Sincere thanks,
    Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Oh, and Cuddlesworth,

Thanks so much for your valuable contribution to my post. You seem to be a wealth of information. It's not at all hard to see how you have SO many posts to your name, all of which i assume are of a similar high standard.
    Sincere thanks,
    Steve

Ask a stupid question, expect a stupid answer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I dont understand. Why then have people offered to give it to me for free in the past? (Without me asking for it?)

Misunderstanding of their license maybe.

From the Amazon site above this line might explain it clearly.

"License Qty: 3 PC in one household"
    It's under the System Requirements.
    And that's not available on every license of Office you buy. Microsoft don't make licensing easy.

MS Office will contact Microsoft when activating and will ask you to ring Microsoft if they see anything weird (i.e. the same license being used over and over again).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Mute101
    This sort of thread requesting swapping of software keys is probably enough to get you banned from the forum.

Microsoft office is not free software. You know that otherwise you wouldn't be asking here.
    Try Openoffice http://www.openoffice.org/ then. It can be downloaded and installed free and legally. This thread will probably be locked soon, so I wouldn't recommend persisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

This thread should go in the humour forum:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

this isn't going to go anywhere
    OP - you're request is very optimistic and unlikely to come to anything constructive.
    You're requesting for some one to give you a key that they purchased.

I'm going to close this, and suggest that you buy your own software.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement