Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Dublin/Wicklow venue for BBQ party

Options
  • 22-02-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all!

I'm planning my daughter's naming ceremony that will take place in July.

I'd like to have a very simple, no fuss outdoor party with BBQ (I have faith in the irish weather!) - I thought of having it at home until i realised that my garden is too small.

I'm looking for a venue in Dublin or Wicklow, for about 40 people.
    The ceremony will be in the afternoon, followed by a BBQ in the evening.

I don't want to do the whole hotel / sit down meal thing, and I'm having problem finding a suitable venue, somewhere outdoors, that would let us cook the BBQ (or cook it for us), and that doesn't close till late.

Does anyone know a reasonably-priced venue that could work for us?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Emmdaz

Hi mar12345, this sounds exactly like what I need for an upcoming work event. Did you ever find anywhere?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mar12345

Unfortunately no....

There was one place that came very close tho, it was in Tribadden near Rathfarnham, really beautiful venue in the Dublin mountains overlooking a valley, with a big garden and some picnic tables. There are 4 or 5 holiday cottages that I would have rented for the guests, we would have been using the kitchen to prepare the BBQ, it was really lovely (but expensive :( ) Unfortunately, some cottages had already been rented for the date I was looking at, so I felt it was unfair to have a party while people were having their holiday there.
    here's the link : http://dublincottages.com/

Most of the options I looked at involved renting a holiday cottage and use the garden as the venue (there's another place in Wicklow, can't remember the name). I just couldn't find a simple venue that would do the trick. In the end we're having the party in my garden, we'll be a bit squashed but never mind!

If there's anyone out there who knows a good venue, please let us know, I've received a good few PMs looking for this...

Emmdaz, best of luck with your party, hope you find something suitable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Emmdaz

Hi Mar12345, thanks for prompt response. Funnily enough I live just round the corner from Tibradden - I wasn't aware that they rented out the cottages, handy to know, but like you say, too expensive and not ideal for a one day party. I shall just have to find someone with a large garden! If I do hear of anything better though, I shall keep you posted.

Cheers

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was thinking of doing something like this but couldnt find anywhere.

so i started thinking. you can bring your own bbq's to malahide castle, set up a marque and cook your food get everyone to chip by bringing a dish and some drink and you can have your own little party for free .

there is a fantastic outdoor playground.

i have seen loads of people doing this.

the same with the phoenix park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Clevedon

Have you contacted The Hollywood Inn in Hollywood?? They have a great courtyard/BBQ area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Glendalough has beautiful views and picnic tables etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

Glendalough has beautiful views and picnic tables etc.

I'm looking for something similar - I don’t want to mess it up - so Im looking for a Caterer to come to a Dublin garden and setup and do a BBQ for about 30 people.

Anyone come across any place that will do this - all I’ve found so far are large corporate events 70 people plus.

thanks...

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

ozmo wrote: »
    I'm looking for something similar - I don’t want to mess it up - so Im looking for a Caterer to come to a Dublin garden and setup and do a BBQ for about 30 people.

Anyone come across any place that will do this - all I’ve found so far are large corporate events 70 people plus.

thanks...

Hi Ozmo,

I'm looking for exactly the same as you although may just make it over the 70 mark. Would really appreciate it if you could forward me the names of the places that do the corporate events or if you've found anywhere that caters for smaller numbers...

Advertisement