Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Mini S24 boiler

Options
  • 22-02-2010 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

hope someone can help me. Having problems with my minis24 boiler.

Problem 1. When boiler starts up it has started to make an awful noise coming from it like like something is hopping around inside. This goes after about a minute.

Problem 2. When the boiler trys to reignite after being on for a while nothing happens. The pump etc remains running but there is no ignition. I have checked the flashing led's which is led 1 and 3 flashing and led 2 solid, the manual says this fault is "lack of burner ignition, no ignition signal from the full sequence ignition device"

Would these two problems be related, the noise has been going on for a couple of weeks but has gotten louder and lasts for longer now and now the intermittent ignition problem. Could the ignition problem be faulty ignition pcb.

Will have to get someone in to fix but would prefer to know what the problem is so I'm not taken for a mug.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sounds like heat exchanger is partically blocked or problem with pump. Best get a pro in to have a look, sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Boiler burners tend to be silent, even if burner is having a problem trying to ignite, any loud type of noises tend to come from heat exchanger, normally a case of poor circulation / over heating. If boilers giving out failure indications best call out an RGII Gas boiler service person, no other way around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CollieS

Thanks for the response guys.

Advertisement