Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Castle Leslie

Options
  • 22-02-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Has anybody ever fished Castle Leslie. I watched a programme on it lastnight and it looked unbelievable the amount of pike that were being caught.

Cheers
    df

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

no. always meant to go but never quite got around to it. i will someday, cant go everywhere i suppose! i made an enquiry about the place last year and they emailed me back with some details. i think it costs about €90 or 95 per head B&B and that includes the fishing, its a bit pricey!! but its a place you would go once and there are only a couple of boats on it. Of course it is private within the estate so no idiots having bar-b-Qs, blaring loud music, netting, long-lining or throwing beer cans and litter everywhere!. The fishing is reserved for the guests of the hotel only, there are no day tickets you must stay in the hotel. There used to be huge pike in it but from what i have heard the average size has fallen. nonetheless it should still be good. they have a website, and if you have the shillings there should be no problem. -hope this helps a bit someone who has fished it can provide more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dermo f

Cheers for that. Yeah think ill have to give it a blast looks class

Advertisement