Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inexpensive jodphurs

Options
  • 22-02-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've just started riding lessons and I'm absolutely loving it.

I am having problems finding thick leggings however and could really do with something more durable. Can anyone recommend a shop where I could get inexpensive jodphurs? Preferably Dublin city centre if possible!

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

Equipet are pretty good for jods, I've picked up a couple of pairs there for in or around €30.00 which is pretty good. They have a bargain basement area and I've picked up jackets and jods there for a serious discount. They are not in the city centre though, Ashbourne or outside Drogheda I think, I don't really know of any tack shops in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Ah yes, i need new jods soon, one pair really doesnt do!

I'm pretty sure every now and then Lidl do jods...not sure of the quality or anything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

You could take a look here. I know not all of them are in Dublin, but there's a few that are from Dublin - Sandyford, Swords, etc. - towards the end of the list.

Also, you could always try Equestrian World, Maynooth. Dublin bus have a regular enough service to and from Maynooth, so you could hop on the bus and look there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Holmestead had a warehouse sale recently and I got two pairs of breeches for 30 euro I have worn them and they are good quality and comfy and warm so it might be worth giving them a shout and seeing if they still have some in stock.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Bellemz

Tip for the future: If you're ever on holidays in France, Decathlon is a huge chain that does REALLY cheap riding gear. They have a website but don't deliver outside of France. It is reeaaallllyyy cheap though!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tanzanite

tesco do nice jods cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Tanzanite wrote: »
    tesco do nice jods cheap!

seconded - bought a pair in the UK Tesco for £17 and very happy with the quality...wash well and haven't gone saggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭strife

Im looking for mens jods but appearanlty they are impossible to find equipet ashbourne only seem to sell girls ones! iv seen them online but they seem to be 20€ more expnsive just because they have mens on the label ha ha does anyone have any ideas where i might get a pair ( need them for the 7th lol )?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

This isn't an Irish site but you pick up fantastic bargains here in their bargain section.
    http://www.robinsons-uk.com/
    There's a really nice tack shop out by Blancherstown called Goodwin & Sons, they're my favourite in Dublin and best priced!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Equestrian Direct.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Bellemz wrote: »
    Tip for the future: If you're ever on holidays in France, Decathlon is a huge chain that does REALLY cheap riding gear. They have a website but don't deliver outside of France. It is reeaaallllyyy cheap though!

agreed!!! i was in heaven in the place, bought a bootload of stuff for me and the creature for less than 100 euro!

the brand decathlon stock is called fouganza and they are FANTASTIC, you can get their stuff online too at http://www.fouganza.com/

normally i wouldnt be one for ordering stuff online, but i really have to say the jodhpurs are amazing - i generally hate wearing jodhpurs but the pairs i have from them are unbelievable comfortable and given they get pretty much daily wear they are holding up very well! well worth a look at their chaps as well, got a fantastic leather pair that are almost more like tredstep gaiters (which are vair vair pricy!) that i use for shows and are very snazzy!

(very enthusiastic post i've just realised, i really like decathlon apparently!)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

There's a Decathlon in Belfast too - up near George Best Airport.... if you're up in the North

Advertisement