Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VAT cert on commercial vehicles

Options
  • 22-02-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all

I just bought a commercial vehicle at the weekend.
    I don't own a company nor am I VAT registered.
    Is there a VAT cert you get from the dealer?
    I know I can't get the VAT back but I'm just wondering if I sell this on again could I give a cert to the new owner

Thanks
    d

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Digger

Just a VAT receipt, IMO if you sell it on, the new owner wont be able to get VAT back as you are not VAT registered so you won't have charged him VAT in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the above is true. unless you're in a potition to claim VAT you don't need it. If you did a lease on it the garage would have invoiced the bank with a VAT invoice.

Also once the VAT chain has been broken, future buyers won't be able to claim it (unless you did a lease)

Advertisement