Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People that really shoudn't be on TV

Options
  • 22-02-2010 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Who do you think really shouldn't be on our TV screens?

Personally, I see no pont in Mark Cagney of Ireland Am being on there - he just makes me want to turn it off... which may not be a bad thing, but I can find absolutely no redeeming features about him or his prescence on the box.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved from AHs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

And as for Jeremy Kyle and his 'guests' - nuff said.

Then there is those people who want to buy a house and go on a program for people to find them one. What is the matter with these people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Johnny Vegas, unfunny and thoroughly disgusting

Same goes for Jo Brand

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Deadly, I've never been in at the start of an AH thread.

For me it's Tubridy all the way. It's not just that he's a mental looking little twaht (he is though).

It's not just that he has no personality (he doesn't though)

It's not just that he's a creepy little homunculus ( jesus but isn't he though)

My main problem is that even though he has no T.V. charisma (at least Mark Cagney has good telly hair and wears a suit well) he has rocketed to the top job in RTE in a few short years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I like the old dude and all, he's a national treasure and all that nonsense... but Jimmy Magee should not be commentating on the Boxing anymore. The man is absolutely clueless, picks a fighter that he believes will win and regardless of what is happening in the ring, he calls the fight as if "his man" is cruising.

Talks too much and most of what he says is pure and utter cocksh1t. The man is in love with his own voice. It's irritating, unprofessional, and distracting. Fuk off Jimmy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Jason Byrne.

He shouldn't be on tv, never mind have his own show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Flash86

Amanda Brunker. Cannot Stand her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Gerry "a face for radio only" Ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Brendan O' Connor. Can't stand the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Fred Cogley. Superannuated rugby commentator on Setanta.

Used to be RTE's main rugby man in the 1960s and 1970s. Must be in his 70s now. He was crap then. Now he's older, slower and downright embarassing. Presumably gets the gig because his son is one of the big cheeses in Setanta.
    Jo Brand

How dare you sir! She's my fantasy woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Gok Wan, Paris Hilton, Perez Hilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

snow ghost wrote: »

Personally, I see no pont in Mark Cagney of Ireland Am being on there - he just makes me want to turn it off... which may not be a bad thing, but I can find absolutely no redeeming features about him or his prescence on the box.
    Haha. As soon as I opened this thread Cagney was in my mind. What's worse is the man genuinely believes he's the bees knees. Brendan O Connor is another turnip who should never be on a tv screen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

snow ghost wrote: »

i use to watch ireland am years ago, when it was cagney and claire byrne presenting

there was always a smarmy put down from cagney any time claire byrne opened her mouth,:rolleyes: its no wonder she left

does he do the same with sinead desmond??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Most of the people who appear making contributions on TV3 ridiculous 'stating the obvious' documentaries like the one about raising children in Ireland.

i.e. Fiona Looney, Paul Martin, Ray Foley, Amanda Brunker etc

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The ever popular Katherine Lynch
    Christ I hate that wench

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

That ginger poof who introduces the programs on prime time UTV, his name eludes me at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

Ahem.....

In no particular order......

Gerry Ryan (should never have been allowed on Earth)
    Ryan Titbirdy (would be starving on the streets if not for the blood line)
    Alan Carr (Special Ed. material. An overly camp saucy..shut up already)
    Amanda Bunkers (yes we see your juggs, and?)
    Twink (sub-par 'entertainer' part of the lease in RTE at this point)
    Gok Wan (twat)
    Katherine Lynch (Blackpool pier pre-war ooh missus material)
    Gay Byrne (I thought he retired?)
    Jason Byrne (NOT FUNNY)
    Neil Delamere (NOT FUNNY)
    Brendan O'Connor ('I'm an intellectual wit I am'...no you are not)
    Linda Martin (Twink mark II except she did stuff. I'd say Twink hates her.)
    Katherine Thomas (I know RTE keeps telling me she's hot, but I don't get it)
    Hector Ó hEochagáin (Novelty wore off years ago. Go back down to the bookies and stay there.)

These people should apologise for being the chancers that they are and disappear...
    Man that felt good:)

That ginger poof who introduces the programs on prime time UTV, his name eludes me at the moment.

Julian (Sullivan?) "Naaaaow on the UTV...."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

The ever popular Katherine Lynch
    Christ I hate that wench

+1

i cannot stand brendan o connor either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

The 13 yr old w*nkstains that present Home and Away at 6.30! Never had such an urge to go through the TV and strangle them!

• Advertisement

The 13 yr old w*nkstains that present Home and Away at 6.30! Never had such an urge to go through the TV and strangle them!

.....watch out for them competing head to head for the LLS in coming decades:rolleyes:
    Unless Ryan's sprog is still around or Tubbs has a sprog of his own of course.

Advertisement