Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non - Alcoholic beverages on tap....

Options
  • 22-02-2010 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I was thinking, would it benefit the public if they advertised non alchy drinks and promoted it on tap and behind the bar and on adverts?

I feel that people would be less inclined to drink and drive etc etc....

thoughts anyone?

Pax Christi
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

No :P

People go out purely to get drunk. They know about non-alc drinks

I think a good experiment would be to have a night saying the taps are all broken, and they only have X beer, which is secretly non-alcoholic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

unreggd wrote: »
    No :P

People go out purely to get drunk. They know about non-alc drinks

I think a good experiment would be to have a night saying the taps are all broken, and they only have X beer, which is secretly non-alcoholic :D

but what pub would give up a nights profits to do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

but what pub would give up a nights profits to do that?
    They would lose far more than one nights profits when people discover the only beer they have is non-alcoholic. It could be a long time before many people would go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I can't imagine it having any effect. A lot of pubs in England have soft drinks on tap but the majority of people go to pubs for the booze.

Advertisement