Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

coolant

Options
  • 21-02-2010 9:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

what size drums do they come in. like can you buy it in 5 gallon drums. its actually for the tractors. and wheres the best place to get them eg halfords, local coop. what do they cost.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

I use texaco in everything, tractors, 4x4's and cars, €60 (vat incld) for 20 ltr in the co op

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Have a question re normal car coolant. It's just at the min level, should I top it up?

It'll be due a service in about two months. Thanks,

Joey.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

joey54 wrote: »
    Have a question re normal car coolant. It's just at the min level, should I top it up?

It'll be due a service in about two months. Thanks,

Joey.

Top up straight away. be sure to get the right type for your car.

mickdw wrote: »
    Top up straight away. be sure to get the right type for your car.

Do I just pour it in? I don't need to empty whats in there already do I? I'm not great when it comes to under the bonnet!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

joey54 wrote: »
    Do I just pour it in? I don't need to empty whats in there already do I? I'm not great when it comes to under the bonnet!

Ya just top it up. Dont open it after driving as it is under pressure and would spill out possibly. Fine when cool though. Get the same colour as whats in there and fill up to max. If its a dirty looking colour, get it changed at next service but for now its more important that you dont let it go low.

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »
    Ya just top it up. Dont open it after driving as it is under pressure and would spill out possibly. Fine when cool though. Get the same colour as whats in there and fill up to max. If its a dirty looking colour, get it changed at next service but for now its more important that you dont let it go low.

Cheers, will get some of the pink stuff tomorrow!

Advertisement