Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Read David Gemmel's 'Troy' Series?

Options
  • 21-02-2010 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is it worth picking up? the story looks good but need some comments before I splash out, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

zimovain wrote: »
    Just wondering is it worth picking up? the story looks good but need some comments before I splash out, cheers!

I read the Troy Trillogy and loved them.If i was on a desert Island they would be the three books i would bring with me.You could see yourself rereading them again and again and not getting bored.

You won't regret buying them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

I read the Troy Trillogy and loved them.If i was on a desert Island they would be the three books i would bring with me.You could see yourself rereading them again and again and not getting bored.

You won't regret buying them.

Nice one;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Read them twice - I think they're fantastic! They're not entirely accurate, if that kind of thing bothers you, but they're very well written, great pace and have very real characters you will love :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

Depends if you are a fan of Gemmell or not. If you've read his books before, you'll know what to expect, the books are of a similar standard. I didn't enjoy them as much as his other books as I felt he was trying to do too much with the story but they were still worth reading.

If you are a history buff - you may feel let down by the artistic interpreatation.

Let us know how you get on.

Splashed out and am now enjoing part 1. Thanks all:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FullHouse

zimovain wrote: »

Yeah,they sre definately worth reading. I started reading them after I finished Conn Igguldens Emperor series. Highly enjoyable if not entirely accurate. After reading them I began reading Gemmells Drenai saga, so Troy obviously had a positive influence.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

Advertisement