Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optometry DIT

Options
  • 21-02-2010 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm interested in studying Optometry after the Leaving Cert. The course content really appeals to me and the job afterwards. But what is life as an optometry student in DIT really like?
    One of the negatives for me is the fact that DIT isn't really a campus. Does this make a big difference to the social side of things? Are optometry students separate from the rest of the college or do you mix well with the other students? Ive also heard that the course is usually made up of mostly girls. Is this true? (Coming from a mixed school, this would be a bit different for me)
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I want to be certain that I'm making the right decision ;)
    Thankyou!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭irish_man

hi
    im also interested in optometry...
    there has to be someone with some info on it??

i heard you can stay in griffin college?
    good idea/bad idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jwabh

hey im an optom in dit, life is the same as any other course reali, the hours are long though, but your in a small class about 20 or so people so nobody knows anybody and because of that you get to know everybody reali quicky. optoms arent great at geting to know other people but you do if your involved in sports or societies. yep normaly about 5 or 6 lads. oh and griffith is awful, no ovens and seperate male and female blocks, and fines if you make noise after 10.

ther was a chat bout optometry before

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62050991

hope this helps

Advertisement