Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the doctors charge me?

Options
  • 21-02-2010 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Ok so I moved over here 4 years back now and have not registered with the doctor, but over the past 5 days I have been having serious breathing problems, we are unemployed and can not afford to call the Now-Doc service, so now I guess is the time to register and get a medical card, I will be making an appointment tomorrow to see the doctor and to register and get the medical card form signed now what I am wondering is.... will the doctor charge me for going in to register and talk to him about my breathing problems? if so any ideas how much?

Thanks

P.S. I am not asking for medical advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Yes you will be charged for a consultation about your breathing problems.

Unfortunately you are not entitled to medical benefits until it has been issued. This is taking about 12 weeks at present for new applicants.

Advertisement