Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost to replace vw golf fuel injector

Options
  • 21-02-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

My car just broke down and the AA guy said it was the fuel injector that was causing the car to run on 3 cyclinders.

Its a 2007 Golf Gt TSi 170.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how much this would cost to replace or if it could be cleaned.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Is a faulty injector 100% confirmed as the problem?

Price one on GSF and add probably €100 for labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 annoyednow

Thanks JHMEG,

Its not a 100% confirmed. That is what the Guy from the AA thought. I have it parked and will try and get it to a garage tomorrow.

I had a look on GSF and couldn't find a rough price, I will ring tomorrow to find out for sure.

What would they normally cost ?. Its just a spring broke in the Throttle body before Christmas and that wasn't cheap, It was 450 plus labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Hook it up to vag-com to confirm it's the injector ...
    What miles are on it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

What happened to the car op prior to calling the AA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 shamrock105

Fuel injector on my 1.4 2001 Polo went there about a year ago and cost me €215 including labour.

• Advertisement

annoyednow wrote: »
    Its not a 100% confirmed. That is what the Guy from the AA thought.
    Wait till it's confirmed. If an injector blows it in turn can damage the ECU (which controls it directly) which also may need to be replaced. I have first hand experience!

Injector for my non-VW was €100 ex vat. ECU another €1100.

There are only 33,000 kms on it at the moment.

The car started to lose power and the engine management light came on (I was not driving it at the time my wife was).

Whatever is confirmed I'm just hoping its not a big bill.

Thanks for all the help.

Did your emissions light come on too? Had a similar thing happen in my 140 golf would only rev to 3000 and then if felt as if the car was juddering. The car would start from cold normal but when it heated up the problem used to reappear. In my case it was a fuel valve that was gone but was replaced under warranty although I do know it was 3hrs labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

2007 isnt it covered under warranty and if not it should be !@ 33K i wouldnt expct to pay for an injector or any other sensor for that matter .

I know at 33k you would expect things not to break and be expensive to fix.

The last problem I had with the car was a joke, only out of warranty and VW would not cover a cent, it cost me (I think) €750 in the end for a broken spring in a throttle body - the manufacturer would not cover anything either. I am in the process of following up on the basis not "not fit for the purpose intended".

The person in VW also told me my warranty was void (even within 2yrs) because I did not have a full VW service history - I got the car serviced in Newry in a VW garage, she implied it had to be in the Southern Ireland.

• Advertisement

Jeez, not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Well thats simply not true your are by law under EU block exemption 2003 entitled to have your vehile serviced in any equal standard workshop ie not necessarily a main dealer and even the parts dont have to be OE provided they are equal quality or standard but i would only recommend OE parts TBH. Im amazed how VW sell so many cars with only 2 yrs warranty .

That's interesting to know Darsad. I will certainly mention it.

At the moment I am on my second letter to VW since October with no reply. I am going to go to the small claims court if they don't bother replying.

Its a day off work for me & €15 (Which I don't mind), but it will make them have a member of staff turn up on the day so hopefully they will make some offer of compensation.

I don't think I would buy another VW from my current experience.

VW Ireland customer service is beyond crap they could not give a flying fiddlers about their customers or the product they sell form my experience with them in fact 'i have yet to hear any positive comments about them from anyone.

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any recalls issued on the Golf GT 1.4l. If you could provide a link it would be great.

It appears that my car needs some serious work and I may have to contact VW service, you know yourselves better to be armed with information.

I can't really seem to find anyting myself.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement