Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows XP Case Study

Options
  • 21-02-2010 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Ive a small windows XP case study due tomorrow and ive no idea what to do or where to start, can anyone help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Start at the back, there's some cool stuff on the front, but ignore the sides and base, nothing of interest there usually...
    *runs*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223

how long is a piece of string ?

case study for what / compared to what ?

you have to buy windows 7 business licenses and downgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223

how long is a piece of string ?

case study for what / compared to what ?

you have to buy windows 7 business licenses and downgrade

The case study is about 2000 words and is to highlight the difference to previous windows operating systems, nothing major its just that its my first case study and ive clearly been lazy and put it off. I just dont know what to do or where to start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Easy of use?
    System requirements?
    Cost?
    Popularity?
    Most successful?
    Most hated version (+why?)
    What bodes for the future? (where do we go from here?)

All in relation to earlier versions compared to the present...

Biggins wrote: »
    Easy of use?
    System requirements?
    Cost?
    Popularity?
    Most successful?
    Most hated version (+why?)
    What bodes for the future? (where do we go from here?)

All in relation to earlier versions compared to the present...
    Thanks a million Biggins, thats basically it but i do have to go into slight detail about how it manages memory compared to older system softwares etc.

Anyone else have any sources i could read up on or anything sites they know that do comparisons between op systems in detail etc etc. Any help greatly appreciated, been going all day and i still dont know where iam!!

• Advertisement

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Start at the back, there's some cool stuff on the front, but ignore the sides and base, nothing of interest there usually...
    *runs*
    What?

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Rycn wrote: »
    Anyone?
    You've wasted about 10 hours now when you could have been Googling. Show us what you have so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

you wont get far in life leaving things till the last minute.......

enjoy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Rycn wrote: »
    The case study is about 2000 words and is to highlight the difference to previous windows operating systems, nothing major its just that its my first case study and ive clearly been lazy and put it off. I just dont know what to do or where to start.

Windows XP is a previous operating system.

TBH it's just Windows 2000 under the bonnet with a Fisher Price user interface. Similar to the difference between Vista and Windows 7

Why just compare it to older versions of windows, why not compare it to other operating systems too, including newer versions of windows ?

• Advertisement

shanemort wrote: »
    you wont get far in life leaving things till the last minute.......

enjoy
    You wont get far in life posting utterly useless replies.
    Windows XP is a previous operating system.

TBH it's just Windows 2000 under the bonnet with a Fisher Price user interface. Similar to the difference between Vista and Windows 7

Why just compare it to older versions of windows, why not compare it to other operating systems too, including newer versions of windows ?
    Thanks Midnight for the help, its only a 2000 word case study i got it done in the end using your previous post i just used the headings you outlined plus a few others. At least someones willing to guide the lazy!

Advertisement