Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Heating Installation.

Options
  • 21-02-2010 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had a rough idea as too what a good price for a sealed full wet heating install would be. With a Bosch Greenstar combi boiler, three / four zones, 7 rads in a 80sqm apartment, attic about for running pipe.

It would be a 4 zone system to clarify, tvrs etc. I know the neighbours had theirs done for 3.5k a few years ago and things have moved on quite a bit in terms of zones now being the norm etc.

I know there is a grant but i am also thinking it may be cheaper to source the materials from the uk esp the boiler which would rule out the grant. Also any recommendations for a good plumber (RGI) who could handle it from start to finish would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

4 zone heating system seems a bit like over kill to me for a 80sqm apartment. can you b a bit more specific? i.e. what you want zoned. a 100sqm house would normally be 3 zoned. hot water, upstairs and down stairs.

The norm I would charge (ball park) would be €3000 - €4500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭hopalong_ie

Hi JohnnieK,

Thanks for the reply, Possible attic conversion in the future so would like that be a seperate zone as it alone would be approx a 40sqm space, so the zones would be

1: Hot water
    2: Attic (unused), upstairs as such.
    3: Bedrooms (would be unused after conversion)
    4: Others.

At the moment, most rooms are unused and would like to be able to keep them off. How big a factor is the boiler in that price.

Thanks for the answers.

A high efficiency boiler is around €700 - €900 depending on make and model.
    I would suggest with the attic to leave two valved and blanked conections in the attic with a cable running from the wiring centre for a future programable room thermostat. The motorized valve could also be installed for future but remember if they are in situe for a long period of time with out working they can seize.

Also the heat requirement for the apartment will have to be worked out correctly.

Hi JohnnieK.

Thanks for all the info, i may give you a shout when i'm moving ahead, just have to apply for the grant and sell off the electric storage heating.

Thanks

Hopalong_ie

Do you have a gas connection in the apartment?

• Advertisement

No, not at this time, its on the road about 3 meters away. Other units have got connected.

Advertisement