Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

megane coupe

Options
  • 21-02-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭

hey guys going to look at a 01 megane coupe with my mum tomorrow is a friend of a friend selling it, is there any major things to look out for or to make sure are done, will get a mechanic to look at it during the week if she likes it.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I hope you getting it cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

The timing belt may need to be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Timing belt would be one of the main things to check. It should be changed about every 50k miles/5 years and the water pump and tensioners should be changed at the same time. Also check that everything electrical works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

cool thanks guys, have to ring the girl in the morning and see if its still available, there was someone looking at it today

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

I would not recommend getting a IDE coupe. The IDE is the 2 litre version and it known for consistently breaking down:rolleyes: If you are getting a 2 litre coupe, make sure it has the VVTI engine.

I have a 1.4l coupe. It has been regularly serviced and it runs great.

• Advertisement

Advertisement