Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X files and Fringe

Options
  • 20-02-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Ok so my fianceé has started watching Fringe, and i decided not hearing anything about it to take a look with her, starting with the first season and episode,

All i'm seeing is a poor rip off of the X-Files we watched the second episode last night, the one with the woman having sex and getting pregnent and child being born in 30 mins.

During this i was thinking i've seen all this before, they then briefly mentioned - he removes a part of there brain.

I paused the episode and said

I bet he's cutting out the part of the brain eating it and staying young that way, Just like Tombs did with the liver in squeeze.

Nah, that's too obvious.

She was proved wrong.

But what does everyone else think?

Is it just me who sees this or is it a general consensus?

Wanted to add a thread but forget

Fringe or X files 16 votes

Fringe
    0% 0 votes
    X-Files
    31% 5 votes
    Atari Jagaur
    68% 11 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Why do polls contain Atari Jaguar?....i don't understand the context?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,472 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Why do polls contain Atari Jaguar?....i don't understand the context?

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Atari_jaguar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I like Fringe. It's no X-Files, but it fills the gap nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

ah the atari jaguar legend,

I've tried watching it,

the professer is the best character in it so far,

but i'm not buying into the chick. I'll give it a few more goes but if it is this predictable all the time i couldn't stand it or maybe it's just that i'm just getting old.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Oh it's quite like "The X-Files", particularly in the first season so it feels derivative. It doesn't help that Anna Torv is pretty flat on screen (when compared to Gillian Anderson) although William is great.
    The good news is that those stand-alone "X-Files-like" episodes get better in season two.

What is worth watching for though is the mythology episodes - which I won't spoil for you by even hinting at them yet. Suffice to say it's smart and seems actually to be plotted out rather than Chris Carter's show where they made it up as they went along.

Give it a chance - Season 2 starts showing its real potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

ixoy wrote: »

+1. Late season 1 centers around the main show mythology much more and it had a very strong season finale. Season 2 has picked up nicely for the most part, especially the episodes focusing on the main arc, though the standalone episodes are considerably improved now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ixoy wrote: »

yeah wait for to be stretched along for much longer then it should be before you judge it.

Advertisement