Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offline Co-op games?

Options
  • 20-02-2010 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hey all,

I have noticed there is a very limited amount of ps3 games with offline co-op features for the campaign or story mode of a game. Anyone know any good games with offline co-op features? (I already know of Army of Two 1+2, resistance FOM, lbp and rainbow six)
    Any feedback is apprieciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Borderlands is the only one I know of that allows you to play the campaign with another person

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has something call "Spec Ops" which is very good for playing co-op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Call of Duty World at War has the full campaign available as split-screen co-op if I remember right. Borderlands is prob yer best bet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mercenaries 2 can be played co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

For campaign modes :
    Little Big Planet
    Resident Evil 5
    Resistance 1 Fall of Man
    Army of Two II
    Rainbow Six 1 and 2
    Borderlands

Thats all i can think of and have played

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Both Watchmen games on the PSN are excellent co-op story games.

I played through both Watchmen games and Resi 5 story modes with my gf. She isn't into games at all but enjoyed playing both. Even played through Mercs in Resi 5 until we cleared all levels and unlocked all characters.

Wish more co-op (offline) story mode games were released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,337 ✭✭✭✭noodler

As a side, I plan on starting Resi 5 in a while. Should I play with some randomer online or play offline with the AI?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I would say start with AI to get used to the controls cuz if you go online with some dope who won't wait for you, chances are you will be left bleeding and he won't come back for you (you will encounter this a bit!) At least AI will always try and help you but its just not the same as playing with another real person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Pixel Junk shooter
    NHL 3 on 3 (i bought it when it was on special offer (€3, at 7.99 its a total rip off)
    1942: joint strike
    The lego games

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Borderlands
    Resident Evil 5
    Pixeljunk Monsters
    Trine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

LittleBigPlanet, a hundred times over. I can't recommend it enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beaniedude

Mercenaries 2 can be played co-op.

Cant it? :confused: You def can play co-op on mercs online with a person, but im looking for offline (couch) co-op.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Borderlands is the only one I know of that allows you to play the campaign with another person

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has something call "Spec Ops" which is very good for playing co-op

Yeah i've played spec ops on MW2, not a big fan of it tbh, i would prefer if the campaign was fully co-op. Have'nt palyed borderlands, might check it out. Can it be played offline co-op yeah?

LittleBigPlanet, a hundred times over. I can't recommend it enough.

Yeah lbp rocks, great for co-op play. I have that one, its great fun :)

Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭gstar

I have to big up the lego games!

i sooo thought it wouldnt be my cup of tea and how wrong i was!! they are fab wee games and are quite cleverly designed for co-op etc. if you see them cheap online or second hand i would highly recommend them, there are demos of lego batman online (US PS Store) and lego indiana jones 2(EU store) to give you flavour for them :)

gstar wrote: »
    I have to big up the lego games!

i sooo thought it wouldnt be my cup of tea and how wrong i was!! they are fab wee games and are quite cleverly designed for co-op etc. if you see them cheap online or second hand i would highly recommend them, there are demos of lego batman online (US PS Store) and lego indiana jones 2(EU store) to give you flavour for them :)

They have pretty good re playability as well as there are certain parts you can't access in story mode or until you unlock the right character and go back and play it in free mode. Unlocking stuff in the game isn't a chore like in some other games. I have the star wars lego and it was good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I was a bit disappointed that MW2 didn't have co-op campaign.

It's always good craic playing through the story mode with friends/family.
    It was great in Resistance 1, shame they didn't have it for 2.
    I agree with you OP and wish there were more good co-op one's about

Does COD World at War have a good campaign? Think i might get it for the co-op.

Its between Borderlands and World at War:confused:

Beaniedude wrote: »
    Does MW World at War have a good campaign? Think i might get it for the co-op.

Its between Borderlands and World at War:confused:

I havent got Borderland but I believe it is a dedicated co-op game, wherease MW:WAW is not. (though still a good game, not as good as MW but better than MW2 imo)

Advertisement