Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

99 Yaris Clutch Replacement. How Much?

Options
  • 20-02-2010 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how much an independent mechanic should be charging for clutch replacement on a 1.0 1998 Yaris?

It's my grandmothers car and she dropped it into a local mechanic who decided that it needed a new clutch. This happened this evening so haven't been able ring him to find out how much it's going to be so looking for ballpark guesstimates here.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

thinking around 400 quid.

Add 200 for driving lessons ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

colm_mcm wrote: »
    thinking around 400 quid.

Fup. Thing is it was only done 2.5 years ago on the same car, I presume the problem is behind the wheel?

Is it possible to "get a bit more" out of the clutch by tightening the clutch cable or any other measures?

AFAIK it's a hydraulic clutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

AFAIK it's a hydraulic clutch.

Eugh. Cheers Colm.

It might be time to start expanding my technical ability up from basic servicing, which the same mechanic charges her €174 for if I'm not around!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Jesus why would that car need a new clutch if it's owned by an older lady and had a clutch done 2.5 years ago ???

What is the actual problem with the car? when you drive it what if anything seems wrong?

Is the clutch shuddering on take off? or is it just engaging on the outer limit of the pedal depress?

• Advertisement

have you ever been in a car with an old lady?

I'm guessing it's just slipping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

have you ever been in a car with an old lady?
    Neeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    stop
    NEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    stop

Advertisement