Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st scrambler/pit bike . . . Quad-bikes.ie

Options
  • 20-02-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hey just looking for a bit of info. Me and a mate are interested in buying pit bikes/scramblers for messing around, the bikes would mainly be used on country roads, gravel paths in forestry, or on the beach. We are both 21, and around the 6foot/13stone bracket. My budget for the bike would be around 500€. and im after seeing a bike for that on quadbikes.ie, I rang the guy and he said that they would have any spare parts that might be needed and a 90 day warranty is included which is better than buying over the internet. This is the bike http://quadbikes.ie/125-db-scrambler/
    They are based in Midleton, I was just wondering does anyone have any experience with these guys and what do ye think of the bike as a starter bike? Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

General opinion seems to be that they are ****. Would explain the cheap costs involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

crap, taut i was onto a winner, thanks for info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭traco

pugw wrote: »
    I rang the guy and he said that they would have any spare parts that might be needed and a 90 day warranty is included which is better than buying over the internet. This is the bike http://quadbikes.ie/125-db-scrambler/
    They are based in Midleton, I was just wondering does anyone have any experience with these guys and what do ye think of the bike as a starter bike? Thanks a mill.

Think you might have him on the warranty issue as I believe its a legal Eu requirement to offer a 2 year warranty on all products except consumable parts. If thats the case then you could drop it back to him afetr each run and gave him fix it :D

Advertisement