Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

03 VW Polo front suspension knocking

Options
  • 20-02-2010 6:50pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Just a quick one, i've been driving a 2003 VW polo 1.4 auto. And in the last couple of months have noticed a knocking noise whenever you hit a bump/go over speed ramps etc, it seems to be coming from the front right of the car. The car has quite low mileage, it covered ~4000 miles in the first 4 years of it's life, and now has just under 18000 miles. Any ideas of what it could be?

Cheers,

Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

does the car nosedive under braking, it it excessively bouncy? could be a shock
    More likely to be bushes or droplinks though, my money is on ARB links.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

colm_mcm wrote: »
    does the car nosedive under braking, it it excessively bouncy? could be a shock
    More likely to be bushes or droplinks though, my money is on ARB links.

The car doesn't nose dive, and it's not excessively bouncy, well considering it's a small hatch it's going to have some bounce to it over bumps, but nothing major.
    Cheers for the reply Colm, i was thinking perhaps it was the bushes. I'll have to get it checked out either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Friend had the top mounts on her Polo changed, forgot to mention that.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I'd say droplinks. Sounds like the same kind of sound that I had coming from the front of my astra, I changed the droplinks and it solved the problem. Cheap enough to do, you could do it yourself in a few hours if you're handy with a spanner.

Advertisement