Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coil going in Emersion - how much ?

Options
  • 20-02-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Folks,

I have investigated an expansion tank overflow and found that the coil is going in my emersion...Im not a plumber myself but I have a few questions somebody may be able to answer;

1. How much will the job cost ?
    2. How long will it take ?
    3. Anybody know a good plumber in North Dublin area ?

Hope somebody can help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I suspect you mean your hot water cylinder.
    The Immersion is the electrical element in your cylinder. Time and cost wise, it should take between 4 and 6 hours. To supply Cylinder, new immersion, any fittings and pipe work, and inhibitor about €400 plus VAT @ 13.5%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Do you mean the heating element?

Mine went and I got a new one in B&Q. Think it was about 40 euro. Couldnt get the old one out as it was "stuck". A plumber came in and said I had to heat the flux sealing the bolt first. He charged me 50 quid to fit it.

Advertisement