Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting 3yrs+, landlord selling, notice period?

Options
  • 20-02-2010 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

A query pretty much as above. I had a peek a threshold's site and see that 84 days notice is required from the landlord after 3 years, but does anyone know if that's still the case if the property is to be sold? (We've no fix term agreement at the moment)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

(This is just a common sense approach, so my logic may be flawed :) )

I believe that this would make no difference to your rights.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

harmacist wrote: »
    A query pretty much as above. I had a peek a threshold's site and see that 84 days notice is required from the landlord after 3 years, but does anyone know if that's still the case if the property is to be sold? (We've no fix term agreement at the moment)

Thanks

If you had a previous fixed term agreement- non renewal of the agreement does not in fact mean its articles cease to apply, and any terms as denoted in it, would be the period of notice necessary.

In the absence of a previous fixed term lease- a Part 4 Tenancy exists- which entails the periods of notice as per the 2004 Residential Tenancies Act (from which Threshold has devised its info note).

Shane

Advertisement