Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Bells

Options
  • 20-02-2010 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Anyone like them?
    Well if you're a fan of The Shins, you will!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

I love their first single. Think I need to have a few more listens to the rest of the album to get into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sally_09

Yeh I have to admit, first listen it didn't really do much for me...but it's a grower. If you like the Shins I can highly recommend Frightened Rabbit - a brilliant Scottish band!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

sally_09 wrote: »
    Yeh I have to admit, first listen it didn't really do much for me...but it's a grower. If you like the Shins I can highly recommend Frightened Rabbit - a brilliant Scottish band!

FR's first album is very good indeed but their recent singles are the exact opposite. Terrible, i have little optimism for thier next album. The rawness and freshness in their first seems long forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sally_09

lordgoat wrote: »
    FR's first album is very good indeed but their recent singles are the exact opposite. Terrible, i have little optimism for thier next album. The rawness and freshness in their first seems long forgotten.

I'd disagree to an extent, but I get where you're coming from (though it depends if you count The Greys as their first album) - still, I've heard the new album in full and the quality of the new songs shines through (Skip the Youth and The Wrestle are particular highlights), though I agree it lacks the rawness of the last albums. See them live and you forget about all that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Soccertainer

I want to live in a world where bells aren't broken. And music is better. They aren't the worst though. I like hearing new music!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

There just simply Brilliant.. cant wait to buy the album!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eeefa

sally_09 wrote: »

i saw them live ages ago and wasn't too impressed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I've seen them live three times, they put on a decent show, as i said before i think the new songs are pretty terrible imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Must saying I'm loving the 2 songs they're released - pre-ordered their album on iTunes... that's a first!

Advertisement