Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Metro West

• 20-02-2010 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭ Roryhy

I know its a long way away yet but a lot of plans have been published on the RPA website so i thought i'd get the debate going and see what people think of the plans.
    The proposed liffey valley bridge-
    73457.jpg
    Newlands Cross-
    4371074105_56930dc6e2_o.jpg
    Belgard Rd. Metro/Luas stop
    4371081973_f12c57cd60_o.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 4,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭ G_R

is the Metro West completely segregated from traffic at the Newlands Cross junction or is it road side á la Luas

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭ Roryhy

dannym08 wrote: »
    is the Metro West completely segregated from traffic at the Newlands Cross junction or is it road side á la Luas

It looks completely segregated to me. I dont think there are any at-grade crossings in the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ csd

The Newlands plan shows the N7 going under the Belgard Road. Is that going to be the case? I thought the preferred option was to put the N7 overhead, as it would be cheaper to raise its level than bring it down below the Belgard Road.

/csd

I'd imagine it would be easier to put Belgard rd up on stilts rather than the Nass rd simply because of traffic volume and lane numbers. I also saw the plans you are referring to but the metro plans are much newer so i would presume them to be correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ csd

According to the EIS, the N7 will be on a flyover over the Belgard Road.

http://roads.southdublin.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=179&Itemid=244
    The N7 Mainline will be raised up over its existing level. The Belgard / Fonthill Road (R113) would remain at the level at which they are currently. This would result in the N7 Mainline creating a bridge over the Belgard / Fonthill Road (R113).

/csd

• Advertisement

Now im just confused. I hope its the one shown above because it would be difficult to integrate the metro if the Naas rd goes over the Belgard rd.

Advertisement