Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anybody find this a bit odd?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,292 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If it did actually sell, then its dodgy. Are you sure it sold or were garage just saying that when maybe they had passed it on in the trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

It could have been swapped between garages. One had a car the other wanted for what ever reason.

But im not that experienced in this so maybe thats what they would want you to think.

Id be suspicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

They probably know each other and decided to move it about as it wasn't shifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Would be (slightly) easier to shift with the new alloys too, the alloys in the first link look to have come from the E46 3 series!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It probably was a trade sale. Look for documents relating to the sale of the car from one company to the other. Ask why they bought too.

With this said, it's up to you but be weary and don't take any crap :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 spids

if your thinking about buying dont bother not worth the risk mate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Are these not 2 different coloured cars with the same number plate??

The first one is grey and the second one is blue!

Different lighting conditions and or the second seller has a camera with crap white balance (the pictures are very blue in general).

Look at the disc holders on the windscreen - it's the same on both. Also it still has the Grange Castle Motors number plate bezels. The creases on the handbrake gaiters are nearly identical. It's definately the same car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

€15k for a five year old 320d..........
    CM21 wrote: »

Would this turn anyone off buying such a car?

Eh, yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

1 owner and 3k miles in 3 weeks, and the price stays? Pfft, no thanks.

Oh, and apparently the guy that owned it for the last 3 weeks is the first owner, according to the first ad!

Love to know where 80k miles came from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 1nk3d4L1f3

Interesting, very very interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

And the engine capacity increased with the miles, 1.9 to 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,502 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

carcheck.jpg

Different lighting conditions and or the second seller has a camera with crap white balance (the pictures are very blue in general).

Look at the disc holders on the windscreen - it's the same on both. Also it still has the Grange Castle Motors number plate bezels. The creases on the handbrake gaiters are nearly identical. It's definately the same car!

Half asleep when looking at the pics didn't help either :) I've fixed my previous post. Cheers!

Love to know where 80k miles came from?

Delivery milage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

Its a trade pass on they are all doing it to make it look like there cars are selling and make it look like new stock all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Maybe so, but where did the 3000 miles come from? Unless the original listing was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's a UK import, most likely the first 3 week owner brought it in and then sold it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

They are just swaps from garage to garage. As you can see it says one owner on both advertisment. Price is mad though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Maybe so, but where did the 3000 miles come from? Unless the original listing was wrong.

You can get whatever milage you want on cars these days...it only takes a laptop.......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mileage on the original ad could have been entered when the car came into stock i the first garage (prob ages ago?), staff driving it in the meantime?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

colm_mcm wrote: »
    mileage on the original ad could have been entered when the car came into stock i the first garage (prob ages ago?), staff driving it in the meantime?

it was probably rounded down as well, e.g. 79500 entered as 79000; maybe the 82,000 is rounded up...that could explain 1000 or so miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Absurdum wrote: »
    it was probably rounded down as well, e.g. 79500 entered as 79000; maybe the 82,000 is rounded up...that could explain 1000 or so miles.
    It'd have to be 80,500 to round up either way, and that's still a huge roundup!

The mileage difference may well be simply they forgot the exact miles when enterinh the add and couldn't be arsed checking again :) Nothing suspicious I imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

It is also not an SE as advertised, no climate or multi function wheel, I would run a mile from those clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I don't see what exactly is supposed to be dodgy about this. I don't think it's unusual for two garages to pass cars over to each other - perhaps they have the same owner or are related or something like that. As for the mileage - maybe it was loaned out to a customer or used by staff; the difference is small. The original alloys may have been in bad condition so they were swapped. I'm not defending either garage but I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Maybe you are right, but the incorrect advertising would piss me off no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Thanks for all the replies. Not in any rush to get a new car. Its just i fancy one of these but they seem very rare and overpriced apart from UKdirect and PFauto ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

Did anyone think of putting this to the seller?

Maybe then us pesky kids could go and solve other mysteries

"Hi, that Bimmer ye have was marked as sold 20 odd days ago by a crowd on the Nangor Road and back then it had 3000 less miles and different alloys"...........

"Yeah, we got it trade off them, we changed the alloys, they had the mileage wrong"...........

"Cool, thanks"............

"Are you interested in a viewing or test drive"........

"No"...........

"Ok, thanks for the call"............. hangs up, rolls eyes and comments how the world is full of t0ssers.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement