Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin Murphy's Great Unanswered Questions

Options
  • 20-02-2010 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

What do yous think of this? It's a bit like a Norn Iron version of QI; a mixture of comedy and facts. It's not up there with the British panel shows, but on the other hand it's not down there with the Irish ones.

There was a slightly awkward dynamic between the two comedians telling jokes, opposite the two 'serious' guests making salient points. One minute you're having craic, the next you're getting a scientific spiel about overpopulation. It makes for a bit of a tonal shift, but if they can smooth that out, I reckon they've got a decent show on their hands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Switched it off when I saw that little ginger chap from Republic of Telly on it. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭An tSaoi

Yeah, Delamere's not great, but he was certainly better on this than he was on RoT. He was only a guest anyway, not a regular.

And he's not ginger is he?

An tSaoi wrote: »
    He was only a guest anyway, not a regular.

And he's not ginger is he?

Yep, he's a ginger.
    564as.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

At least post a picture of him with ginger hair then.

HoPpiE wrote: »
    At least post a picture of him with ginger hair then.
    Hello, that's ginger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭An tSaoi

It looks brown, with maybe a slight tint of ginger. Auburn maybe? Certainly not full-on orange ginger.

I've got red hair myself; takes one to know one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

This was originally a Radio Ulster programme, I heard it a few times on Saturday afternoons. I think it worked better on the radio, the expert nerds look a bit out of place when the camera cuts to them.

Decent enough programme, better than most BBC NI shows, (I know, that's not saying much!) . It's a bit similar to QI, they really shouldn't have the two on the same evening.

Advertisement