Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Chopper anyone?

Options
  • 19-02-2010 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Anybody watching the new series? It's actually hard watching the family go the way they are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Stopped watching it years ago - got really sick of the constant fighting, seemed to be all the show was about.

What's going on with the family now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

It seems like the fighting was genuine. Paul Jr and Mikey have left OCC and have become estranged from Senior. Mikey has just entered rehab and Junior has started his own design company which is also being partially followed by the cameras. Bike design and fabrication has also gone very poor. They just seem to build a bike with stock parts and give it a fancy paint job

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I gave up on it last series ..i could'nt take all the "fight-acting" anymore....

New series is fairly crap..Jnr designing a "barbeque" ..FFS..:rolleyes:..who cares...Mikey getting piano lessons..WGAF....utter pants.

Its less about bike building now , hopefully this is the last series...I'm waiting for a series about Vinnie and Cody to come along next......thank god for Biker build off....

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheehy898

I gave up on it last series ..i could'nt take all the "fight-acting" anymore....

New series is fairly crap..Jnr designing a "barbeque" ..FFS..:rolleyes:..who cares...Mikey getting piano lessons..WGAF....utter pants.

Its less about bike building now , hopefully this is the last series...I'm waiting for a series about Vinnie and Cody to come along next......thank god for Biker build off....
    Already confirmed as the last season.

sheehy898 wrote: »
    Already confirmed as the last season.

Kind of a shame..the last episode i watched (trike) was o.k. even felt a bit sorry for Senior....

Anyone else think Junior's eyes are getting closer to each other...he's turning into a Cyclops.......seriously..put a baseball cap on this guy.......:D

• Advertisement

Didn't know it was def last season. I actually do feel a little sorry for Senior cause you can see he is not happy with the family situation and he is the common link between all his sons who no longer talk to him.

I thought the trike was just average, and as for Pauly and the (Stunning) girlfriend doing the dog park, it's just daft.

Trike was nice imo...guy prob didnt have $200,000..to spend....

Cant see why they're even showing Jnr anymore...i'm guessin he was bought out of OCC hence the mega house and new "design" venture.....

Rachel is ok in a kinda "bring her home and give her a good dinner" sorta way...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Vinnie and Cody have their own show now "Throttle Junkies" which has just started. I haven;t seen it online anywhere yet.

http://www.vforcecustoms.com/

ElNino wrote: »
    Vinnie and Cody have their own show now "Throttle Junkies" which has just started. I haven;t seen it online anywhere yet.

http://www.vforcecustoms.com/

:rolleyes:..why am i not suprised......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

we hardly get to see any bike building anymore,

love the guys taking the piss out of paul jnr though

poor rick still there hardest working guy!

anyone ever watch a show called overhaulin' from a fair few years ago, it was part car build part hidden camera show , where they pretend rob the person car and do it up for them, the presenters are awful the cars are amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

...loved the early series but it really went down hill when the focus was removed from the bikes and engineering and focused on the feuds and family tensions...
    i'd say OCC could be in serious trouble after building the mammoth workshop last year.....
    I don't feel sorry for senior though,he and his ego pushed his best metalworker (vinnny) and creative genius (junior) away and as a result the bikes theyre producing have completely lost the edge that made OCC what it was...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,797 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

yeah, i don't understand what goes on in that colassal building, i know they build production bikes there, but we never ever even get a glimpse at it, and what workers fill that massive building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I used to like the show when it was about building custom bikes.

we hardly get to see any bike building anymore,

love the guys taking the piss out of paul jnr though

poor rick still there hardest working guy!

anyone ever watch a show called overhaulin' from a fair few years ago, it was part car build part hidden camera show , where they pretend rob the person car and do it up for them, the presenters are awful the cars are amazing

Overhaulin' was a great show. Once you ignore the presenters and filler, they really do the best jobs on all the cars. I don't think there was one car I didnt covet. [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BRIAND%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]Overhaulin%20Dodge%20Coronet.jpgoverhaulin.jpg[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BRIAND%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

Jnr is a tosser! And you can see he misses the glory that came with his bikes.
    OK the public reveal is wat he loved most (who wouldnt) but that bbq was just rubbish and you could see none of that companys workers gave a toss.

He even tried to reveal mikeys new look after he got that nest shaved off his face!
    he should go back and beg his da to take him back!
    PS occ bikes were legendary even before vinny and jnr were around. snr never gets the credit he deserved since that show started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

peter p wrote: »
    PS occ bikes were legendary even before vinny and jnr were around. snr never gets the credit he deserved since that show started.

Completely agree! I do feel so sorry for senior though. He loves his sons, but none of them can see eye to eye. Hopefully he'll fix things up with them like he did with his other son who provided the steel for the new building and also his daughter. I hate reality tv, but they are one family I'd love to follow. Senor and Junior are unbelievable talented, while rick and vinnie are incredible fabricators, shame vinnie is gone though. The guys are pretty genuine tbh, I've been to the shop and it's very well done. Senior know's what he wants and he gets it done well. Nobody really realises how he thinks about things and thinks up ideas, which is a shame because they're pretty impressive.

If it could all go back to the way it was it would be incredible. They were some team, which would do well in a lot of businesses and had great fun at the same time. They did pretty well out of it as well. But alas, such is life, I can only hope. Shame discovery aren't covering it any more. I'd love to find out what things are like every month or two..

Advertisement