Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car TV Ads - The good, the bad and the ugly!

Options
  • 19-02-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

I saw these ads online recently and it got me thinking about car TV ads in general. Are there any original, creative and inspiring ads out there at the moment??

IMO these are apalling ads. They are being shown on American TV at the moment. The first one shows a dad beating his son at a game, an idiot pushing himself infont of someone to get to a lift and some sad individual that reacts to getting a piece of paper in the bin as if has scored the winning goal in the world cup final. These are not the sort of people most of us aspire to be and therefore the point the ad is trying to acheive seems to have backfired.

The second ad seems to insult the very cutomers Audi are trying to attract! I know these ads are aimed at a US audience, but they are seriously weak and do nothing to create a positive image of the Audi brand.

Comments

Advertisement