Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a CD player repaired?

Options
  • 19-02-2010 9:10pm

I have a Goodmans Micro 1110 system I got off eBay for €50 some time ago. I hardly used it for anything other than USB (it's handily compatible with the SanDisk Titanium I use) and the radio.

The other day I bought some CDs for the first time in ages. They wouldn't play. I insert the disc and close the tray but nothing happens. There's no sound of the disc moving and it keeps saying "Scanning" until finally saying "No Disc". I've tried several different cds with no success.

Is there anywhere I can get it repaired? The eBay seller obviously did me but it's too long ago to remember who it was. I'm sure I would have checked it all out after buying it so it's baffling why it's stopped working without any use.

I'd buy another usb system (off Amazon) but there's no guarantee it would work with my Titanium. Would it be cheaper to just buy a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

Have you tried a cd lens cleaner?

I haven't to be honest. Could that be stopping the cd from even starting up and "whirring" though? I doubt it....if so where can I get one? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most electronic goods such as cd/dvd players are disposable goods meaning if they break it is more economical to replace them rather than attempt to repair. Might be worth a shot if you ware handy with electronics yourself but I would not spend money on getting someone to look at it assuming there is someone out there who looks at these things these days.

And buying stuff like this from ebay is hit and miss for the most part, it can be a false economy over buying one on the high street in the long run.

Advertisement