Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rental con..

Options
  • 19-02-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I moved into new place late last year, seemed to be in decent order, new coat of paint, shower looked new all mod cons but old building.
    I moved in 6 mnth contract, I wanted longer, they said "6 month trial to see if I was a good tenant" my first problem was the water pressure, it is so low its impossible to use the shower, said something to the landlord responded "yeah the pressure is bad here, water board have been informed and asked that I don't contact them do it through the Landlord... Then as soon as the cold/wet weather came the kitchen wall exploded with Black mold, I then noticed that there is dampness and globules of water on most of the walls it's really bad.
    the place is clearly riddled with dampness.... how can someone get away with renting such a place? it so upsetting when people take your hard earned money (500€ a month) through dishonest means on a regular basis and it seems there's nothing to be done.
    The owners are people in a place of position and I feel complaining or the refusal to pay my rent until its sorted (which would be never as the entire building needs to be treated in a big way) would serve no purpose apart from angering me even more. the letting agency and the landlord both knew the real condition of the place, as the dampness has been there for years, the paint job was just a cover up!
    I feel like they will not return my deposit as there general attitude is rude and couldn't give a s**t.

anyone got some useful advice? apart from "get the hell out of there"

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

You could try talking to them but sounds like you'd be floggin a dead horse.
    Thank your lucky stars it's only a six month contract. Gotta be plenty around now at 500 pm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Contact the local environmental health officer and have the place inspected- all rental properties have to adhere to minimum standards. Also- if they do not return your deposit- lodge an immediate complaint with the PRTB- thats what they're there for after all.......

Advertisement