Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Concord 4 alarm panel

Options
  • 19-02-2010 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

can any one tell me where i can buy one of these panels .I have seen them on the net but there all 110 Volt panels . I know that such a panel is out there because I'm told that phonewatch use them .Don't want to go to the trouble of getting a transformer as its a 16.5 volt and would have to get it made .Can any one help ?
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to Electrical.

Is there some feature in particular that you want this panel for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭altor

can any one tell me where i can buy one of these panels .I have seen them on the net but there all 110 Volt panels . I know that such a panel is out there because I'm told that phonewatch use them .Don't want to go to the trouble of getting a transformer as its a 16.5 volt and would have to get it made .Can any one help ?

Hi mullaneygary,

Eircom are the only supplier of this panel in Ireland. They will sell it to one of there installers once they sign the customer up to monitoring through them. It is very expensive to buy it off them.

Do you mind me asking why you want this panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mullaneygary

Need the panel because it has aHome Automation Module that interfaces with my smart home system

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No need to shout.!
    What type interface are you using?
    Its possible the SigNet would do it.

sorry typing issues !!! my home automation system only interfaces with this panel using the superbus 2000 printer automation interface .The smart home system has the software to control this panel built in it .

• Advertisement

I am not familar with that system. Is it controllable over a network?
    Are you using x10 devices?
    Surly the system is not dependent on one type of alarm system?
    Not very future proof.

it uses RS 232 to interface. It also interfaces with a make of panel called
    " secant " but no nothing about it .Its an american home system and ge is one of the most popular over there

Possibly then Ariecth CS250 might be of use.
    Take a look at this catalogue and search X10

aritech were taken over by GE a few years ago but they use different software and operating software .

Adding a SuperBus2000 Energy Saver Module lets users control heating and air conditioning. The Power Line Carrier Power Transformer adds X10 light control.

Increase power capability for system peripheral with a SuperBus 2000 2-amp Power Supply Module with battery backup. The module provides 2 amps at 12 VDC.

Features
    Six partitions and eight built in hardwire zones - 96 zones maximum as either hard wired, wireless, or combination
    96 wireless zones standard onboard
    Two onboard programmable outputs
    Compatible with all GE Security crystal and SAW Learn Mode™ sensors
    SIA CP-01 False Alarm Reduction Standard compliant
    2 and 4 wire smoke detector compatibility
    Panel auxiliary power provides 1 amp
    Built in 12 watt siren driver

Looking at some specs it seems it is compatible with x10.
    What systems are you controlling & what modules are you using?

• Advertisement

ya that 12 volts only powers the interface module but not the panel

You looking to replace your alarm system ? Yes?
    What modules is your home automation using.
    If they are X10 then the SigNet or the CS250 will interface & control them.
    If you fell you must use the Concord you will probobly have to ship it over here. (or pay Eircom)
    The SigNet would give you much more control & flexability IMO.

it not using x10 to control the system its using an rs232 connection
    any ideas on a 230v to 16.5v 40va trafo

So what modules are you using on the devices you are controlling.
    Double check all the specs on the panel you want. A lot of PSu's now will accept 110-220vac 50/60 htz.

the trafo in the ge concord alarm panel is 110v to 16.5v It is connected to a ge home automation module / printer module which runs on 12v this is then connected to the smart home system using an RS232 cable (this cable sends and recives information between the alarm and the smart home system)

What i want is a ge concord panel which will take a 220v supply
    The 110v version has an external molded plastic trafo with intergrates us plug top .

If you are determined to use that panel then ship it in and get a 220-110 transformer.

sorry typing issues !!! my home automation system only interfaces with this panel using the superbus 2000 printer automation interface .The smart home system has the software to control this panel built in it .

I have a concord panel if you want it, not new but your more than welcome to it.

Do you know anything about programing these concord panels ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Moved to home security systems

I sent you a PM with the manual for that panel. If you need any more info post back here.

• Advertisement

Use to install them so know a bit.
    What do you need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maguireg

Does anyone know if the Phonewatch International Concord 24zone alarm is the same as the Concord 4 in the US ? I am looking to integrate a home automation plugin using the SuperBus 2000 Automation Module but the software is geared towards the Concord 4 ?

Attached is the plugin link for ref also http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_ge-concord

Thanks,
    Ger.

Advertisement