Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Should I be right to be annoyed?

Options
  • 19-02-2010 4:56pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Maybe I have no cause to be annoyed but I have nothing to base my feelings on but would like to know if the following is standard or should I be right to be annoyed by the service I am receiving.

Car broke down, brought it into an official Ford Dealer Monday evening. Rang them Tuesday for an update and they said the fuel pump was gone. They were able to order the part that day. I asked for a quote and they said about 550 but that it had already taken over an hour to diagnose the problem and that their labor cost was 75 per hour-basically, so I was pretty stuck by then.

I stressed I needed my car by the weekend if possible. Rang Wednesday evening, they said it wasnt ready but should be ready Thursday or Friday. Rang yesterday, still not ready.

Then rang today at 2pm as I was getting nervous that I wouldn't have my car for the weekend. They said they would get back to me asap. Never did, so rang them a few minutes ago. They then told me it wasn't ready as the mechanic is on a 3-day week??? If they knew he was on a 3 day week, why not tell me he wouldn't be working on it?

Added to the fact that they seem to be charging about 100 more than many other dealers, including rival Ford dealers, I'm pretty bloody annoyed today.

So, as asked, is this standard (am I expecting to much to have a 2-hour job done in a week?).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

You're definitely right to be annoyed..
    they're just fúcking around to be honest..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

SV wrote: »
    You're definitely right to be annoyed..
    they're just fúcking around to be honest..

Honestly, I'm so annoyed, I'd nearly go back to them with my Dad, pay them the 350 for labor and parts and take it somewhere else to be fitted. I'd still be paying the same. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Chris williams

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm so annoyed, I'd nearly go back to them with my Dad, pay them the 350 for labor and parts and take it somewhere else to be fitted. I'd still be paying the same. :mad:

Usually if you go ahead with the job they'll take the 75 as part of
    the payment for the entire job not add it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Take your car back!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I take it they're giving you a car for the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anan1 wrote: »
    I take it they're giving you a car for the weekend?

After reading all advice, I rang and they gave me a car for weekend!

Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'd be fumming at them. Shower of :pac:unts. Demand a spare car from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

FutureGuy wrote: »
    None available afaik.
    Have them hire one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Exactly why should it be your problem. Scream at them :D.

Advertisement