Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale Agreed

Options
  • 19-02-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Have my house up for sale for the past 4 months. Just went Sale Agreed today.

We are planning on moving to a different area. We have our eye on a couple of properties in the area.

When should we make offers - Is it too early to start making offers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Its never too early to make offers. However sale agreed isnt worth the paper its written on so clearly if your buyer pulls out then you will end up pulling out and so the chain falls.

Once you dont sign for the new house your entitled to pull out any time you want. Its not a great way for things to work but unfortunatly thats the system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I'd certainly look at houses, but not make any offers until contracts are signed on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

My estate agent recommends to look and not make any offers as yet.

But we have found our ideal property. And are pretty anxios to make offers.

We dont want it to be gone in 3/4 weeks.

Whats my options?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

warrenaldo wrote: »
    My estate agent recommends to look and not make any offers as yet.

But we have found our ideal property. And are pretty anxios to make offers.

We dont want it to be gone in 3/4 weeks.

Whats my options?

You don't have any options to be honest.
    Under no circumstances should you make offers to anyone- you have no basis on which to do so. You can't even get bridging finance these days when you have a firm offer on your own property.

Keep your powder dry and wait and see what happens. Push your own solicitor to get completion asap- perhaps give him an incentive to get the dotted line signed and the cheque in the your account by a set date.

Putting an offer on a property on the basis of having gone sale agreed on your property- is crazy these days.

Advertisement