Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit Music (For an Orchestra)

Options
  • 19-02-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hey does anybody have two tickets for this that there willing to sell? I only saw that it was on yesterday and tickets were already sold out ;-)

PM me and i'll arange to meet you and pick them up

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

I've heard from a reliable source that there'll be some tickets available on the door if you get there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

There'll be 40 tickets at the door. I was gonna go but wasn't really convinced Radiohead would translate that well into orchestra (apart from Harry Patch, obviously) and it was eating into my weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Baza210 wrote: »
    I was gonna go but wasn't really convinced Radiohead would translate that well into orchestra...

Oh, but they did :)

Pretty impressive overall; few hitches with vocals and rhythm in some of the trickier time signatures, but arrangements were spot-on. It was a good choice of songs and there were some fantastic moments when everything clicked; you haven't heard National Anthem until you've heard the brass/woodwind-jam (in full) live.

Incredible value for €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Sauron wrote: »
    Oh, but they did :)

Pretty impressive overall; few hitches with vocals and rhythm in some of the trickier time signatures, but arrangements were spot-on. It was a good choice of songs and there were some fantastic moments when everything clicked; you haven't heard National Anthem until you've heard the brass/woodwind-jam (in full) live.

Incredible value for €5.

Was such a great night. Great gig.
    Don't forget that 5 euro all went to charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tarka

Deadly show, fair play Orchestral and all involved. Paranoid Android was a great finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'm not even a Radiohead fan but that was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Incredible gig. To get that sort of show for the price of a pint. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

Paranoid Android as the finale was the best part, it translated so well. The arrangement was brilliant, and it was in lovely surroundings. I also liked Life in a Glass House and The National Anthem. The demand for it was so high that they should consider doing it again - or maybe the next time they do one of these things to run it for a few nights if possible.

Advertisement