Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Formula one Mclaren car on display

Options
  • 19-02-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

If anyone is interested, there is a F1 Mclaren car on display in richford motors near the O2...

See attached images. Not sure what season its from though, its Hamilton's car and number 2 on it? Possibly 07 or 08?

I asked would they take my Seat Leon as a trade in against it but I was quickly ejected from the building..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

is it an actual team car or is it just a shell replica..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Looks like painted plywood to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

I couldn't tell you, pics I took were from behind the window. Id be surprised if it was a replica, being who the dealer is but I don't know. They have a competition going for a Ferrari 360 and the tickets are €300 each :O

• Registered Users Posts: 23,292 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

No way the leading edges on a real car are 15/20mm thick like they are on many parts of that car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

That looks like a poor replica. Was lucky enough to see the real deal in Madrid airport a while back, stunning, the flowing surfaces and curves only come across in the flesh, incredibly complicated front wing was a piece of sculpture.

• Advertisement
Advertisement