Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caprica S01E04 "Gravedancing" [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Another borefest!....zero movement, that interview was just utter crap, made no sense. A Cylon dancing???????....come on!

It's getting stupid now, what is Zoelon got feelings for Mr. nerd engineer dude?....they gonna make hyrid babies?

It's just not going anywhere....slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,410 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I don't think I'll be bothered watching this anymore, didn't like it from the start, but four episodes in and it's really been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Loved it. I don't find it boring at all. The conversation between Sam and Josef about whether he killed her was deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I thought it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 somuj_2

Did anything actually happen in this episode. The only thing I can see is we discovered that Josef dont go Tauran balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

it seemed interesting carcater wise, we know josef has a conscience, he probably understands that even if he lost two in the crash he still has william, wheras daniel lost one person but he still only has his wife,

ageed the dancing cylon was a bit much, but that technician fella is actually connecting with zoe, she cant give away her identity yet, but id say she will give it away, the technician will be doing somthing that will distract her and shell say something to him, by accident, if you really think of it, bar lacy hes the only person giving her any attention,

while this episode went nowhere story wise, it give us a better insight to caracters,

not great but good, in a poll id probably give it a bare 7,

Thats the spirit don ramo. :) Looking at the positives. We need more like that in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

don ramo wrote: »
    while this episode went nowhere story wise, it give us a better insight to caracters,

Agreed. This is really shaping up to be a Battlestar-lite - a good but not fantastic plot, but driven by strong characterization and acting.

That said, Zoe still gets on my tits 4 episodes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Agreed. This is really shaping up to be a Battlestar-lite - a good but not fantastic plot, but driven by strong characterization and acting.

That said, Zoe still gets on my tits 4 episodes in.

I have the opposite view

I'd love to get on Zoes tits :D
    NB* The 20 something actresses tits as opposed to the teen schoolgirl characters tits

• Registered Users Posts: 26,339 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I thought it was very good, I thought the interview (given that the show and host had already been portrayed to us as veyr much 'tabloid) was very realistic in the questions and cheap shots posed/taken.

I know the Adama family are Tauron but I do find it hard to believe that you would honestly feel the need to murder the parent(s) of the bomber so unequivocally - surely there would be a dissenter in there, I certainly find the old woman baying for blood to be a little on the extreme side but thats just me.

So I wonder who the inside man for the TSO (is that the right acronym?) will turn out to be? I am guessing it is the blonde cop since she was quizzing bald cop about why he was working so hard and because she let the bomber go all those months ago.

Tense episode.

• Advertisement

You are official members of the WE LIKE CAPRICA club. It's a small club but anyone can join.

I'm not gonna say love cause we're not there yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

I only caught the end of this, the last 20ish minutes or so, and I loved it. I think this is a classic soap opera style tv show. Its just going to take time to resolve plots, and its not action orientated. Its a shame about the ratings, a viewership of less than a mill doesnt indicate it will be renewed for a second season. I just hope the give us a decent ending.

Also Sam Adama(that the assassin?) rocks. He just gets cooler every episode. I did think the TV show he appeared on was a little confused tho. It should have been a "Tonight with Larry King" instead of a Jay Leno thing. I did think that was very annoying. Also, talk show comedy, in a tv show is always cheesy

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I'm kinda liking it so far, but it does need a little more action to balance all the character development. Interesting to see Josef Adama struggling to do the right thing, reflecting similar challenges we've seen his son deal with on BSG :)

My big question is: what about the Final Five from the Cylon colony of Earth? It's been destroyed now for the best part of 1000 years, so they are definitely embedded in the human colonies somewhere - Gemenon perhaps? So is the Zoe/Centurion flavour of Cylon a purely human invention that teams up with the "true" Cylons i.e. the Final Five, and leads from there to the other types of human-looking Cylons we see in BSG? Also, is Zoe's avatar program somehow based on the original Cylon resurrection technology from Earth? Is she so smart she came up with it independently, or did she have help?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

ceejay wrote:
    My big question is: what about the Final Five from the Cylon colony of Earth? It's been destroyed now for the best part of 1000 years, so they are definitely embedded in the human colonies somewhere - Gemenon perhaps? So is the Zoe/Centurion flavour of Cylon a purely human invention that teams up with the "true" Cylons i.e. the Final Five, and leads from there to the other types of human-looking Cylons we see in BSG? Also, is Zoe's avatar program somehow based on the original Cylon resurrection technology from Earth? Is she so smart she came up with it independently, or did she have help?

Tbh, that Final Five stuff was a load of **** that they'd be best not tying themselves to. Though it was explained in BSG that the Final Five took 2,000 years from the colonies' point of view due to relativistic time dilation to reach the 12 colonies (time would have passed quickly from their own point of view). So they arrived after the First Cylon War in time to help the new breed of cylons develop human-like bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

ok I've flicked on to an episode thats on currently on sky half way thru. I've seen about 20mins of it, i hav eno idea of the backstory or any of the characters names. All I can is its freakin AWESOME. Its totally compelling. Have to get into this show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I'm pretty sure Clery's mobile phone at the start of this episode is an old model Nokia :D

And did anyone catch a few bars of original BSG theme tune when the technician guy turned on the music and was flicking channels ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

GSPfan wrote: »
    Loved it. I don't find it boring at all. The conversation between Sam and Josef about whether he killed her was deadly.
    That was great, it has its very good moments. Compelling viewing.

Advertisement