Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud buzzing noise coming from netbook speakers

Options
  • 19-02-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

It's a Samsung NC10 netbook, only a couple of months old, no problem with it up to now. This evening it started making this loud buzzing noise, the best way to describe it would be like the noise a moped would make in the distance. Everything seems to be working fine, the noise comes on start up, then stops, then if I try to do anything like go online it will start up again then stop after a while, so it's intermittent.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Its not mobile phone interference is it? That du-du-du morse-code sounding thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

it could be feedback go into mic settings and mute the mike and sw synth thats how i fixed mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

no that's not it, I dont even have a mic set up. The sound is definitely coming out the speakers even if I have it on mute. Any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭personguy

hello.
    i realise this is a three year old thread, but i have the same issue with the same netbook.

noise coming from the speaker the speaker (front right) that sounds like an 80s video game car race game (like pole position) or, a wee electrical moped. i can get the sound to go away by applying different bits of pressure around the area. however, unfortunately, this is also the way to make the sound return. so, resting the right palm too firmly while typing, or, worse, picking up the machine anywhere near the front right corner, sets the sound going again.

i might open it up and see if there's any obvious dirt that would be shorting a wire near the speaker, or around the motherboard. but if anyone knows if this is superfluous or found another solution, i'd appreciate any tips.

only one other hit for this problem came up in a google search, and it looks like the same person simply posting elsewhere. hence wondering if they're still floating around in boards and wondering what they might have done to get it fixed.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WallyAUS

I know I'm late to the party here, but my wifes NC10 started doing this last night. It would buzz if you picked it up by the right corner, or rested your wrist on it .. and would go away if you picked it up by the left (sometimes) corner so I figured something was shorting out or where it shouldn't be.

I happen to have an "air duster" can lying around, so gave the right speaker a good blast with that as well as the vents around it .. and the sounds has gone away. I guess it was just clogged up with dust, even though from the outside, it looks VERY clean.

Hope this helps someone else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ferthelet

I had this exact problem but after 4 or 5 times trying to solve it I think I've finally got it, there is a wire that gets loose and touches the right speaker, I just fixed the wire to the base, applied some glue, an voilá! 3 days with no creepy buzz :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ferthelet

I had this exact problem but after 4 or 5 times trying to solve it I think I've finally got it, there is a wire that gets loose and touches the right speaker, I just fixed the wire to the base, applied some glue, an voilá! 3 days with no more creepy buzz :-)

Advertisement