Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine- Valuable/Drinkable?

Options
  • 19-02-2010 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭

Hi wine experts. Ive found a bottle of wine I got as a pressie a while back and forgot about. Just wondering if its worth anything, or if not would it be still drinkable? Its 'Domaine De Montmarin' Merlot 2000. Just checking before I chuck it. Thanks for the help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Not a wine I know personally but a quick google indicates a south of france vin de pays -on some restaurant lists as 2007. So depending on how it has been stored (ideally on its side and in a consistent, cool temperature) it might be still drinkable but was most likely made to be consumed within a couple of years. Won't do you any harm to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Berwick

My advice:

Try it!

Then drink it or chuck it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep thought so. It was stored kinda diagonally in a box. Cool place alright. Didnt want to open it in case it was anything special. Ill try it over the weekend and let ye know. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement