Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't forget the pancakes on Jif Lemon Day

Options
  • 19-02-2010 12:23am

Should have posted this earlier in the week but what the hell...

When was this ad first aired? I remember seeing it in the early to mid 90s and thinking it was archaic even back then. I always found the tune a bit unnerving too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Karsini wrote: »
    When was this ad first aired? I remember seeing it in the early to mid 90s and thinking it was archaic even back then. I always found the tune a bit unnerving too.

I remember it as a kid in the mid-80's. Great bit of marketing,it became almost a byword for pancake tuesday and is still remembered by those who seen the ad years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

Once in a table quiz in primary school I answered the question; "What is another name for pancake Tuesday?" with Jif Lemon Day. I can remember being ridiculed at length by the teacher and most of my class.

Still, despite their ignorance I still love this ad. Nice post :)

Advertisement