Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thats all we got time for - RTE

Options
  • 19-02-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody actually think its funny?? Why any show claiming to be funny would have Brendan O Carroll and Deirdre O Kane on it, I do not know. They would be the definition of negative funny. RTE, can I have my money back please

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Anybody actually think its funny?? Why any show claiming to be funny would have Brendan O Carroll and Deirdre O Kane on it, I do not know. They would be the definition of negative funny. RTE, can I have my money back please

I laugh at people who watch a whole show then complain that they watched it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

It just doesn't work very well at all. Them kind of shows should only feature stand up comedians and not journalists and tv/radio actors. The humour is so forced and unnatural. Compare it to 8 out of 10 cats and Mock The Week, the jokes on them shows just flows so naturally.

The worst thing about it is that Ireland is crying out for a show like this. There is so much bollocks on the news every week it is prime material for some good comedians to pounce on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I feel so sorry for Barry Murphy. While it isn't the hardest thing to be the best thing about this show, he is miles above the rest of his guests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Elmo wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for Barry Murphy. While it isn't the hardest thing to be the best thing about this show, he is miles above the rest of his guests.

Me too.

I wouldn't agree that only stand-ups should be on shows like this. Have I Got News For You manages to do very well with non-comedy guests. Of course it has two great captains which TAWGTF sadly does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Thought last nights was better than the rest of the series.. O'Carroll was actually alright, and I think it beneftied from have mostly comedians on it, rather than journos/commentators..

Think it should get another series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055806891:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

godtabh wrote: »
    I laugh at people who watch a whole show then complain that they watched it

OP never said he watched it....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Anybody actually think its funny?? Why any show claiming to be funny would have Brendan O Carroll and Deirdre O Kane on it,
    Brendan O' Carroll? Deirdre Kane? That's like unfunny times unfunny.

Honestly, the exploits of the Bader-Meinhof gang would give me more giggles than the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

i gave it a chance and it wasn't bad
    hate rosinstock and o'carol, but the show wasn't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

again it the quietness that ruins it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement