Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mythbusters anyone?

Options
  • 18-02-2010 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

i have caught a few episodes lately. It has to be one of the most interesting shows. I love science and the type, so I enjoy it most thoroughly.

C4 in the microwave was just on and it was fun :) do any of the shops around the way sell these on dvd series? thanks.

and what's you favorite episode...? :)

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Heckler

Love Mythbusters. Dunno bout buying them in the shops here. Never looked but I'd imagine you can. If not try here,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_7?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=mythbusters&sprefix=mythbus

7pm every night on Discovery. Too many favourite episodes to mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

mythbusters.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I think they've exhausted most of their good stuff now.

The American formatting of it is also atrocious... I mean we see a preview of the explosions we are going to see in the episode at the start of the show, before each ad break they preview them again, they then recap after the ad break what we've already seen and do another preview of the rest of the show, we then get to see the explosion and have it repeated 15 times, from every conceivably angle. At the end they then recap the explosion again and talk about how much they love their job, while Tory attempts to not stare at Karis breasts.

There must be maybe 10 minutes of actual new footage per 45 minute episode.

EDIT: Also my favourite clip has to be this. It really takes you by surprise the first time you watch it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The boys were on an episode of CSI Vegas. The Sky show Braniacs had the same format/ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

My favourite episodes are the MacGyver and James Bond specials. They have done some pretty cool stuff over the years, but, as everything, it is not as fresh as it used to be.

If I were Tory, my eyes wouldn't veer from Kari's breasts.
    mythbuster-kari.jpg
    Grant: So, Kari, we're just going to make a robot to put out that fire and juggle five chainsaws at once.
    Kari: Awesome, Grant! I'll make some prop bodies with ballistics gel filled with blood that will spray everywhere. Will you help me, Tory?
    Tory: Uuuhhh....what?
    Kari: Hey Tory! (*pointing at her face*) I'm up here!
    Tory: I've made my choice. (*drools*).
    Now that would be cool :), might spice up the show a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Have been watching it from the start, love it. Don't have a particular favourite episode, there's too many good parts to think of, but i do love when they remove the safety valve from the water heater and blow it miles into the air.
    New series is starting soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Ya it is a great show. Thats a mad clip with the helium, it really can't be good for you. I've no favourite episode but loved:

When they showed an elephant scared of mice
    The moon landing hoax being disproved
    Floating a boat with ping pong balls
    McGyver episode
    Escape from Alcatraz!

I'm really looking forward to the new series. It would be such a cool job being on that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

BrianJD wrote: »
    Ya it is a great show. Thats a mad clip with the helium, it really can't be good for you.

It's as good for you as Helium, the problem with it is that you can't easily breath it out like helium, you have to hang upside down to get it out of your lungs because of how heavy it is (afaik)

I liked the Elephant and mice one as well. I, like them, expected them to completely bust it. The look of shock on there faces when the Elephant not only noticed the tiny mouse, but the sight of it managed to completely stop him in his tracks causing him to back up and go around it. It was surreal.

Personally, I found the Pykrete one particularly interesting because my OH grew up pretty much right next to the lake in Canada where the WWII project to develop this stuff was situated. I spent a few summers there and there isn't even a plaque at the place to acknowledge it ever happened. Although, locals that fish there say there is still a partial Pykrete hull at the bottom of the lake that you can dive down to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

my favorite in a while has been the episode when the pressure in a diving suit goes, my god that was very very creepy watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The boys were on an episode of CSI Vegas.

Makes me laugh everytime :D

New episodes start again on the 24th March (Discovery US).
    And if you have a few minutes to spare.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

that the latest season was quite good actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Sound Computers

the 2 hour demolition derby episode was on last night. very cool. hollywood car crash myths. :)

Advertisement