Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Pump Pulsing

Options
  • 18-02-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I have a Newteam Jetforce 75 and it has started pulsing of its own accord. Its running 2 showers and still works fine when we turn on the shower. Is this just wear and tear and a new pump is required or is it fixable?

Help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You may have a leak on the line or air. this would cause the flow switch to move and activate pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You may have a leak on the line or air. this would cause the flow switch to move and activate pump.

I reckon this is it. However if you need a little further advice the agents in ireland for new team are KMT wholesale in Thomastown Kilkenny. phone michael

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭perry stanley

..just a quik addition, if there are filters ( there should be ) and they are blocked or partly, then that can give the same symptoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

I have a Newteam Jetforce 75 and it has started pulsing of its own accord. Its running 2 showers and still works fine when we turn on the shower. Is this just wear and tear and a new pump is required or is it fixable?

Help appreciated

Not sure on Jetforce, if its a plastic body pump now that its acting up best bin pump and replace with either Stuart Turner or Grunfos, both those pumps are sold body brass / stainless and can withstand constant hot water use.

Plastic body pumps can be tempremental when it comes to hot water, eventually they break down, nothing last for ever but I find soild pumps will far outlast plastic.

Check all the obvious stuff first, supply pipework filters can become blocked more so when cold water storage tanks happen to empty, could be mesh filter blocked, both located @ supply connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭halfforward

One of the showers is dripping quite a bit. Would this cause it to kick in briefly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

One of the showers is dripping quite a bit. Would this cause it to kick in briefly

yes it would.

Advertisement